!need Help

cantgetright71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently had a calico cat wander up to my house and me being an animal lover I decided to let her stay. My husband and I are on a limited income as he is a OEF/OIF disabled War Veteran. A few days ago (Army Girl) our new calico cat became very sick. Come to find out she gave birth to a very premature dead kitten and has since gotten very weak and has had trouble breathing. We do not have the money for a Vet and I am trying to do what I can to help this cat. Its been a few days since she passed the dead baby and we thought we were going to lose Army Girl also but she started coming back around and has started trying to eating and drinking. What I am concerned about is I believe she got an infection from a dead fetus being inside of her . I believe she passed the baby but is there any type of broad spectrum anitbiotic I can get for her online to help rid this infevtion although what type of underlying infection she has is unknown. I am not a Vet but I have researched as much as I can. I cant afford to take this cat to the Vet and my husband just loves her .... Is therer any kind of antibiotic I can order her online to at least try to help her in any way I can. Its all I can do andI feel horrible but at least I am trying to help her any way I can. I just need some advise on what to do. And [please do not say take her to the vet.. I cant or I wouldnt be on here pleading for help. I am just trying to give her somekind of chance and this is all I know to do. Anyone with some advise would be great. She is much better than she has been she has her appitite back and she is purring but I believe she has an infection. Help someone please just tell me what type of antibiotic I can give her. I know someone knows somwthing that would at least give her a chance to live. Thank you I am so tired and worn oput . I have sat with her for the past 3 days because there is just something about this cat that my husband loves . He has a traumatic brain injury and severe PTSD and this cat helps him more than ten years of therapy have. He was a 1st infantry soldier in Iraq and Afgahanstan. I am very proud of him and I just wanna get this cat well for him. Thank you so much

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank him for his service and thank you both for taking this poor girl in. You may be right that she has an infection from the kitten. If you tell us the city and state you live in we can possibly find a low cost clinic near you. In the meantime, look up your nearest animal shelter or SPCA and ask if there are any low cost vet clinics in the area or if they provide any such services. She really does need a vet to properly dispense the right antibiotics for her condition. Also check your private messages.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call around or go in to a vets personally, and ask for an over the counter antibiotic for a stray cat that you can't afford to bring in and see what they say. One might take pity on you, but it is much easier if you already have a relationship with a vet. Some farm supply stores like Tractor Supply or whatever is in your area carry antibiotics too, you might want to check. As do some online pet pharmacies. but most need a prescription. The best bet is to call every vet in yoru area and beg them to let you bring in a stray that you are desperate for help with. Someone will tell you to come in. You can set up a payment plan. That cat needs immediate help or it will get worse and even become MORE expensive. PLEASE bring her into low cost clinic and get her help.......