Need help with sore on back

Candy Sama 2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
7C529B9A-4A3E-40E3-81D2-AB986D9CBDDE.jpeg

Can anyone help me trying to figure out what could be going on with his skin . I am taking him to the vet tomorrow but would still kinda wanna know what it might be to ease my mind. Please help if you can and thank you

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You are doing the right thing to take him to the vet as he may need some antibiotic medication and/or ointment. I am seeing what I think is pus and an open area in the center which looks ulcerated. Do you have any more information about how this happened? Does he go outside? Cat fight? Burn? Insect bite?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Candy Sama 2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He only goes out side but to sun bath but is always watched and always runs back inside . Hasn’t been burned by anything to my knowledge

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is definitely not a sunburn. It is some kind of a wound, or a skin infection which spread, neither of which mean that you don't try to take good care of your cat. IMO, it is beyond home care, so keep the appointment with the vet. Let us know what they tell you.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
With no further information to go on, I agree, your best bet is to have a vet look at it and treat it. Make sure they check out the rest of his body to look for other similar places. Do you have other cats?

Given where it is located, perhaps there is something in your home that he has gotten into causing a laceration/wound. You might consider looking around to see if you can find something along those lines - just to avoid a recurrence.