Need help/info on where/how to find possible new homes for my cats.

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will be moving out of my apartment at the end of this month and so far, I have not been able to find an apartment that allows cats. Believe me, I'm trying hard to find and keep them with me but I just need some help/advise in case I do need to surrender them.  Obviously no animal shelter that kills but any groups or foundations that can help me re-home them would be great. Thanks for any help!

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why can't you just stay in the apartment that allows cats if there are no viable alternatives?  Finding new homes for adult cats is extremely difficult and finding no kill organizations to take them is equally difficult.  Their best chance of actually living out happy and healthy lives is to stay with you.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Why can't you just stay in the apartment that allows cats if there are no viable alternatives?  Finding new homes for adult cats is extremely difficult and finding no kill organizations to take them is equally difficult.  Their best chance of actually living out happy and healthy lives is to stay with you.  
I know....you are right.  I 'm not giving up on them believe me! I love them dearly! I just wanted to know what alternatives I have just in case. 

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
How many cats do you have? Do they need to be rehomed together or would they be okay going to different homes? Are they spayed/neutered and up to date on shots?

If there is a no-kill shelter near you, call to find out their policy on owner surrenders. They may or may not have room to take your cats, and they'll probably require a surrender fee if they can take them.

Many vets will let you put up a notice or your vet may know of someone who is looking for a cat or cats.

If you advertise on Craigs List or similar sites be very careful. Do not give the cats away free, always ask for an adoption fee. If someone is willing to pay for a pet they are much more likely to have the means to care for them.

I really hope you're able to find a place where you can keep your kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info Goldy!  Greatly appreciated!

I'm really looking to keep all 3 of them.  Things are still up in the air as far as where I'll be living next month.  Have no idea but I'm no longer looking at places that don't allow my cats to come with me.  I'm very hopeful that I'll find a place to accommodate us all.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Thanks for the info Goldy!  Greatly appreciated!

I'm really looking to keep all 3 of them.  Things are still up in the air as far as where I'll be living next month.  Have no idea but I'm no longer looking at places that don't allow my cats to come with me.  I'm very hopeful that I'll find a place to accommodate us all.
Best of luck to you, I hope you'll be able to keep all of you together.