Need help getting cat to eat wet food

stepan117

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all I'm new here,
I have 3 rescue cats, 2 are tame and affectionate. The 3rd I came across in a cat trap my work had set up in our yard poor thing. I was annoyed as they had left trap out in open air so she got soaked all night I think.
Anyway I was on the phone to the cat rescue and had her booked before she even got there. Had her checked ,spade, chipped and vaccinated. Got her home and left her in spare room for a couple of weeks . Went in now and then and spent time just sitting watching films on phone. After a couple of weeks she let me gently stroke the top of her head with my finger even though she was in amongst some duffel bags.
Tried alot of things including a material pet pen but she ate a hole through it and ran off in the house. I have a garden that is professionally netted so she had the run of everywhere and I left her alone. Made sure her food bowl was in a hidden but accessible place so she knew .
Now I'm at the point that I can stroke her a little when I give her biscuits but can't seem to get her to eat wet food . Tried everything. Vet said biscuits have more nutrition anyway and she drinks regularly.

Anyway patience seems to work.

Any advice on getting her to eat wet food would be great.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
What toppers have you tried besides biscuits? My cat Maggie likes shredded chicken. Coco pate,Peaches pieces of meat in gravy. Maggie will not eat it mushed like a loaf. Peaches is the only one who doesn't like fish or rabbit. I have to be with Maggie when she eats. She will not eat if it's noisy like when the Gardners are out,cars,loud people,construction,etc.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fancy feast gravy lovers 🤷🏻‍♀️

Fancy feast petites (my boy likes the minced not the pate.) Finding the texture your cat prefers is key; just as much as finding the right flavor.

⭐Sigh⭐ I never got my boy off the tuna wet foods.