Need Help For Mumma Cat Re: Stillborn....

fostermumma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
l have a foster cat. Ive only had her for 2 weeks, knew she was pregnant but wasn't sure how far. So on Monday she had some bloody discharge and was licking herself. I thought this was it and she'd soon go into labour. Tuesday l noticed a few spots of actual blood and still no sign of labour, so we went to the vets who did an ultrasound (mum cat was scared & wriggly) he could see one heartbeat, said there was only 1 possibly 2 kittens and if she didn't have them in the next 2 days, to go back. So this afternoon at 2.30pm (I'm in UK, it's midnight on weds here) my poor mumma cat had a perfect but stillborn kitten. This is her first litter and she was so scared, it broke my heart. Then nothing until 8.30pm when she had another, also stillborn (But this one was floppy like his bones hadn't formed properly) l am so gutted for her, she looks so bewildered.
I thought that was it and she was done, however it's now midnight and I'm not so sure. I can possibly feel another kitten, although not certain. She keeps lying in her litter tray dozing then suddenly jumping up running to her bed, purring and kneading the blanket and almost rocking. She is still spotting blood and licking herself from time to time. Does this sound like she'd still laboring or could this just be the after effects of the birth?
Is there anything l can do to ease her suffering, feel so sad. Will she still get her milk? Will it be painful?
Feel so angry that shes had to go through all this because some idiot decided to keep a male & a female cat together, not neuter either then dump them when female gets pregnant.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’m so sorry to hear about the stillborn kittens. :alright:

Is she still having contractions? It’s possible that she doesn’t have any more kittens to deliver.

Since she still seems anxious, though, I think it would be a good idea to check in with the vet. I think her situation sounds similar to this thread: one stillborn kitten

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Can you use some music for her? Classical harp music, there's an app called Relax My Cat and also MusicForCats . com.

Is she eating?

This article might help, but, although I'm not a vet in her case, it sounds as though it's more emotional than anything.

Post-birth Complications In Cats