Need Help, Cat Wont Eat

oxcasperxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed my boy wasnt eating and seemed to be losing weight rapidly, but the catalyst was when he puked yellow foam.
I took him to the vet. He didnt have a fever and bloodwork turned up with slightly elevated Liver enzymes. His were in the 500 range and his white blood cell count was up.

He was given anti nausea meds and some entyce and churu to promote eating but he refused for the staff. I had them also run a Feline Leukemia test and xrays to check for obstructions. Both were negative.
I brought him home on Tuesday. He ate 3 helpings of soft food that day and hasnt touched it since. Its now Sunday.
His ear skin is turning yellow and he is so limp... Im still giving meds and forcing Churu and soft foods a well as an animal version of ensure. Does any

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oxcasperxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Appparently my text didnt save... I asked if anyone feels like he will pull through this. Im desperate for a glimmer of hope.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You need to get your cat back to the vet ASAP. Your cat hasn't eaten much of anything in 5 days. Going that long without eating anything is serious. Your cat most likely has fatty liver disease (the yellowing of the ears is jaundice) which needs immediate treatment.

Call your vet now. If you get the after hours message, listen to it and call the number that is provided for after hours emergency care. Speak to whoever answers that phone number about your cat's situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oxcasperxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was at the vet again yesterday. They Gave me new pain meds, liquid ensure for animals, and a new type of food motivator. Ive been adding liquid to soft food and force feeding it. He hasnt taken in as much as he has spit out, but I HAVE been making him eat. Its not enough compared to what he would take in on a good day for himself.