Need Feeding Advice , 6 Week Old Kitten

Mister and midnight

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 kitten one 16 weeks old, and the new kitten is 6 weeks old. Both are kittens, lol. My little kitten isn't eating enuff and I've tried everything. I'm still crating the new kitten age 6weeks, and it's only been 4days. Can you give advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the kitten fully weaned? What was it eating before you got it? Where did you get the kitten?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the kitten isnt fully weaned you must give it some kmr or goats milk. both are useful as supplementing, even later on.

I dont know what kitten foods you have tried with, I supoose several. A way to entice them to eat, is to handfeed. Ie you literally have some food on your fingers, and let him slick it off. Works often on the reluctant eaters.

Anyways, it begins to be a hurry. If the kitten isnt eating, it will soon loose forces, become weaker and lethargic.

In such case, smearing some water with honey on leaps and gum helps - the glucose sugar in honey goes straight into blood already from mouth, it doesnt need to be digested, unlike common sugar.

This is no food of course, but a nice saving in a desperate situation, giving you time to work on the real saving...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try softening dry kitten chow in kitten formula. Most kittens love this!

Soft, pate style kitten food is preferred. Fancy Feast makes kitten wet food in fish and turkey flavors.