Need advise on nutrition for spayed cat

Anhvo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat just got spayed yesterday. I keep her meal as normal, which is homemade chicken breast pate. Today I come home realized she vomitted all of her food. What food should I give her then?
Thank you!

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's possible that the vomiting was due to anesthesia, cats sometimes do vomit after surgeries and this isn't necessarily something to be worried about - if in doubt, ask your vet.
You don't necessarily need to change her diet just because she was spayed unless you notice she gains some weight, but that's a different topic. But just to be sure, are you supplementing her meals with essential nutrients or do you just give her plain breast?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anhvo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it's possible that the vomiting was due to anesthesia, cats sometimes do vomit after surgeries and this isn't necessarily something to be worried about - if in doubt, ask your vet.
You don't necessarily need to change her diet just because she was spayed unless you notice she gains some weight, but that's a different topic. But just to be sure, are you supplementing her meals with essential nutrients or do you just give her plain breast?
I just gave her puree chicken breast and that’s what she’ve been have for a year. Should I add nutrients and what kind of nutrients should I add?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Purees meat is not a complete diet. It lacks essential vitsmins and minerals a cat needs such as taurine. If your cat has been eating just this pureed food for a year, the cat may have nutritional deficiencies. The vet can do blood work to check.

Please read this for information on how to make a proper nutrionally complete home cooked diet:

Home-Cooked Cat Food Resources

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anhvo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Purees meat is not a complete diet. It lacks essential vitsmins and minerals a cat needs such as taurine. If your cat has been eating just this pureed food for a year, the cat may have nutritional deficiencies. The vet can do blood work to check.

Please read this for information on how to make a proper nutrionally complete home cooked diet:

Home-Cooked Cat Food Resources
thank you so much for your help!

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I just gave her puree chicken breast and that’s what she’ve been have for a year. Should I add nutrients and what kind of nutrients should I add?
Hi, I am very much concerned for your cat if all she has been eating for a year is chicken breast. It's likely that she is suffering from malnutrition. You need to give her some complete canned food or some other complete pet food ASAP while you figure out a nutritionally complete homecooked recipe. Weruva has some canned food that is primarily made of chicken breast, you might try that one.