Need Adoption vibes for a beautiful kitty named Lily!

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please send all the vibes you can spare!

I was perusing online today and came across Lily:

If the snow white coat doesn't get you, the icy blue eyes will! Her story is a sad one too. She is 5+ years old and was turned in by her owner with her 4 kittens! She is in a kill shelter, but they aren't terribly full right now and they are keeping her as long as they can.

Well...I donated her spay fee and they are sending her today to be spayed.
I can't take, in good faith, take a 7th cat because I am treading on thin ice in that department with my dh (I said that before I got Juno too! LOL), but getting her spayed and with her good looks, I thought maybe she would have a better chance at adoption. The shelter was excited as they took down my information. Then I told them that if her time was up and she still hadn't been adopted, to call me! I will go get her and foster her until she finds her forever home. 5 years old with a litter of kittens - that mama deserves to live out her golden years with a family who loves her and I want to make that happen for her!

So...I need that her spay helps her get adopted and that she goes to a wonderful, loving home!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's just beautiful!
I hope she finds her forever home soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I will keep everyone posted. Hopefully the shelter will let me know if she gets adopted, but I intend to call and check anyway! LOL

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Isn't she amazing!? I fell in love at first sight. Those blue eyes with that white fur...she looks like a winter wonderland or something. She deserves a beautiful name and a warm, loving forever home...and she deserves the right to stop having litter after litter of kittens. All that and then her stupid owner turns her in to a kill shelter. People are heartless!

I thought about keeping her myself and changing her name to Yin and Juno's name to Yang.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so beautiful, I hope she gets adopted soon

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BlueRexBear

Please send all the vibes you can spare!

I was perusing online today and came across Lily:

If the snow white coat doesn't get you, the icy blue eyes will! Her story is a sad one too. She is 5+ years old and was turned in by her owner with her 4 kittens! She is in a kill shelter, but they aren't terribly full right now and they are keeping her as long as they can.

Well...I donated her spay fee and they are sending her today to be spayed.
I can't take, in good faith, take a 7th cat because I am treading on thin ice in that department with my dh (I said that before I got Juno too! LOL), but getting her spayed and with her good looks, I thought maybe she would have a better chance at adoption. The shelter was excited as they took down my information. Then I told them that if her time was up and she still hadn't been adopted, to call me! I will go get her and foster her until she finds her forever home. 5 years old with a litter of kittens - that mama deserves to live out her golden years with a family who loves her and I want to make that happen for her!

So...I need that her spay helps her get adopted and that she goes to a wonderful, loving home!
I just have to say you did a great thing by spaying that cat! I wish more people would do that type of thing. That is a really great way to help a cat or dog even if you can not take it home, but still want to really help an animal.

I mean in all my years of working in various shelters I can tell you how much easier it is for shelter staff to adopt out a spayed/neutered cat. By easier I mean financially for both the shelter staff and for the new owner.

Again great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My thought was that it would guarantee that, no matter who adopted her, she would never have to carry another litter of kittens! They bred her over and over and then turned her and her babies into a kill shelter! What kind of people do that??? Sadly, it seems like more people are willing to do stuff like that everyday. It makes me so sad.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your not kidding - She is stunning, just beautiful
. I bet her kittens are adorable too. You are seriously doing a wonderful, kind thing for this kitty. Bless you for that
. I really think she would have a better chance at finding a home quicker if she were spayed too. People don't like to wait for surgeries
and will pass over an unsterilized cat also because they worry they will spray
. So you definitely "upped" her chances of getting adopted. Keep us updated! I love white kitties, so much.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful thing to do!

It's just heartbreaking. But thanks to angels like you, kitties like her have a fighting chance!

Many she finds her furrever loving home!

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! I called the shelter today and she did go out to be spayed! She is back there and recovering now just waiting for her new family to show up and take her home. I will keep everyone posted.