Need a question answered

Furbabycatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Marla seems to be doing fine for the most part but I'm curious as to how is it she's still able to clean herself but her nose is dry? It's only slightly dry not cracked or anything like that, pretty confused. Also when her nose gets dry should I make it wet again? She sometimes sneezes rapidly but only 3 sneezes. It doesn't happen every day.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Unlike dogs, dry noses are pretty common in cats. I've never had a healthy cat with a wet nose. Hek's stays dry, but supple, like a fine leather. That's the norm for almost all cats. The sneezing may be from dust or other irritants in the house. If it is only occasional, I wouldn't worry about it, if that is the ONLY thing going on. I don't think you need to be concerned unless her appetite for food or water decreases, she gets lethargic, or her litter habits change. Those are the big indicators that Something Is Amiss In The Cat.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
And just as an FYI, cats clean themselves by licking their paws and then wiping said paws over their faces, or licking their bodies. They use their tongues, not their noses, to get clean.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Furbabycatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And just as an FYI, cats clean themselves by licking their paws and then wiping said paws over their faces, or licking their bodies. They use their tongues, not their noses, to get clean.
Thanks,I already know that they use their tongues. I was just wondering because her nose was normally wet last month.