Nature's Logic

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone actually tried this food? I did find some mention of it from spring of 2020, where it was noted that there was chicken fat and chicken meal in the rabbit food. Other than not working for allergy diet, it looks really good, except it's rather high calorie for the sedate - pudgy - cat.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I can't find much on this food from people who have actually fed it to their cats. Which one, specifically, were you looking at? If we know that much, then we can offer an opinion at least about the ingredients. (canned, dry, frozen, freeze dried, etc. and flavor?)

I can tell you that I tried one can on my furries and they wouldn't come near it, but they are picky eaters.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks, it would have to be dry. It would be an emergency thing since it is high in calories. I was buying two different brands, not Nature's Logic) to get different flavors and now one company owns both and has dropped one. That has put me on the hunt for fall back food.

Please note, Sweet Gum was fed wet food in her first year and threw it up most days. The vet said IBD. I thought maybe, but let's check allergry first. It turned out the different brands I was feeding her were made by two manufacturers. When we tried a different manufacturer's dry, she didn't throw up. But as far as she was concerned there was no going back to the wet food. She seemed to feel wet food equals vomit and was no longer willing to give it a try. So we've been on dry since then. It was a shock to me, after all these years, I've never had that happen before. Truth, you have never seen everything.

After the above, the vet said there must be something in the base the manufacturers used that didn't agree with her. We never found out what it was.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would have to say try it and see how your IBD cat reacts to it. Dry food, as a general rule, is not good for IBD, but your cat may be the exception to the rule.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm sure you're right, I should just try it and see.

So sorry to be unclear. She is not IBD, she is allergic to something in the base of those two manufacturers' food. The vet said it could be any ingredient in those foods not found in the other food she eats. She can eat food with chicken meal and chicken fat in it, but not chicken meat (?). Well, she can eat 10 pieces of Dr Esley's clean chicken a day, no more. I'm sure if she hadn't decided the wet food made her vomit we could find one from another manufacturer that would agree with her. However, I have to admit, I certainly understand her view. She threw up every other meal on the wet food from those manufacturers and has only thrown up hairballs on her several different dry foods. I'm incredibly thankful it's not IBD and that I pushed to find out if it were allergies. The vet didn't mind, don't get many allergy hunts out here.

She does have a several allergies, even to the metcap (sp?) and that convenia (I knew that was too good to be true for little spitfire.) But the adventure continues.

CHIKITTIES

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We tried their rabbit pate. Company was kind to send me 2 rabbit cans as sample. Maybe you can ask them to send sample? I believe they also sent me coupons.

My cat were able to eat sample cans no problem, then start :barf: after ordering case. Cats!! :devilish:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pets to your darling cat and you for searching for her. I suspect their stomachs surprise them as often as they do us. Thanks for letting me know. That's very good of the company.

Last edited: