National Prescription Drug Take Back Day April 27

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for an off topic but does anyone know what do I do with the empty asthma inhalers? Back in Europe I'd just give them to any pharmacy (but as Antonio mentioned, I'd do this with any drug, empty or not, as I think EU obliges pharmacy to take care of all kind of drugs and empty drug containers too). I have a sizable collection of those from last 7 months and I don't know how to properly dispose it, I tried to give it to CVS once but the guy looked at me as I'm from different planet :D
Inhaler Recycling: Disposing Old Or Empty Inhalers

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks! I buy inhalers online so it's not an option to return them while collecting next one, but I guess I'll talk to some smaller pharmacy than CVS hoping they will be more helpful :) Or maybe my vet office will take them.
So sorry this issue has become so very difficult and complicated for so many people. My mom had COPD so she had a LOT of inhalers and Rx. I have no idea what was done with the empties back then (around turn of the century) but since the article I linked states pharmacies should take them, that would be the lead I'd probably follow.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry this issue has become so very difficult and complicated for so many people. My mom had COPD so she had a LOT of inhalers and Rx. I have no idea what was done with the empties back then (around turn of the century) but since the article I linked states pharmacies should take them, that would be the lead I'd probably follow.
well, I'd rather this to be complicated and go an extra mile to recycle this than toss it in the trash for it to potentially explode or worse :D
I think I'll procrastinate longer to the point that I truly have too many of them and then I'll contact some recycling facilities if the pharmacy refuse to take them.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, I'd rather this to be complicated and go an extra mile to recycle this than toss it in the trash for it to potentially explode or worse :D
I think I'll procrastinate longer to the point that I truly have too many of them and then I'll contact some recycling facilities if the pharmacy refuse to take them.
Good on ya.