Name One Thing...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Name one thing that you should know how to do by now, but don't.

For me, it is how to swim. Both of my brothers taught themselves. My mother wasn't big into swimming, swimming pools or going to the beach.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For me, it's how to drive. When I was 17, I had the choice of driving lessons or buying an ex-racehorse I'd been schooling for a friend. I chose the horse! (knowing that I was going to uni in a city that wasn't car-friendly played a part ;) )

Now, I really regret that decision, especially living back in a small town where a car is nigh on essential. We live and learn :rolleyes:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep thinking that by now I really ought to know how to breath and eat/drink at the same time, without choking. :sigh:

I wish I'd been able to stick with college and get a couple of math degrees, but life interfered.

Margret

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with AbbysMom AbbysMom ; Swimming.
Even though I live in a city which has a large beach, my parents were never beach goers. My dad just liked to drive down the beach, sit and watch the waves.
I turned out to be a beach lover..

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Drive a stick-shift. When I was learning to drive my mother had a manual transmission and my driving lessons were a NIGHTMARE! My step-dad drove a van that was older than I was and I didn't have the muscle to drive it. :crazy: A friend of my mother's ended up teaching me to drive in her car since it was an automatic. I actually failed the driving portion of driver's ed (taken at school) more than once till she taught me. It helped that she was much more calm than my mom or step-dad. :lol: But I still can't drive a stick and I don't really want to try. I don't know if I have two left feet; but I don't dance for us to find out. So yeah; driving a stick is not for me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Technology - I still need to call Apple Support for help with my iMac. :paperbag:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I should know how to start the mower and cut the grass. I have never had to do it.

cryptic

Mama to Jinx and Java
Young Cat
Purraise
File my taxes. :dunno:
I always have my grandfather do them for me as he buys TurboTax every year.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to know more about the workings of my computer and how to troubleshoot programs. My husband is the guru and does all the updates, backups, and troubleshooting. Me, I'm a worthless user. Thank goodness we have Macs!