My youngest Blue "CoCo" has developed something on the Bridge of her nose...

horserider63

Moose, Sissy & Coco
Kitten
Purraise
Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. A couple of days ago I noticed that Cocos nose was a bright pinkish red. It looked like she had scrapped it or had been in some type of mischief. I cleaned it up and she seemed fine. It's been about three days now and seems to be spreading down the bridge of her nose. She seems to be keeping it clean on her own but I am concerned that it's not going away on its own and the fact that it looks different everyday. Has anyone seen this before and if so can you please tell me how to treat it. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. My other two Blue's have no sign of this on their noses, and since they are brothers and sisters and all sleep together I want to be sure its not contiguous. Thank you 😻

Attachments

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not to sound negative or brash but, I would take her to the vet and not rely on a diagnosis here. It could be something as simple as a rash or a reaction to something she ate or.....it could be as serious as skin cancer in which a biopsy would be in order. It's just hard to tell from the pics but cats can get skin cancer. I would get her to the vet asap though with it spreading that fast. Typically it's white cats that are prone to skin cancer but, you never know. Let us know what you find out and best of luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

horserider63

Moose, Sissy & Coco
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your inputs, I will be making her an appointment in the morning. :rock: