My sweet NoirStar

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I swear, I did not name either of these.😄 But he was indeed a star in my heart.
NoirStar became a member of our family Dec 2015. We had moved to Washington state for the 'good life'. Before returning to VA half a year later, we got an apartment while searching for a new home, and a nursing raccoon would walk around looking for food outside our back patio. I started leaving out chunks of bread, which in turn brought a handsome kitty too. When I saw him eating the bread I ran to get cat food for him. That's how we met.
He originally had a collar that read NoirStar, but it left his neck after a while of us feeding him and never went back on. When we decided to move back, 2 days before I enticed him in with tuna & he's been with us ever since.
Towards the end of last year he was diagnosed Stage 2 kidney failure. But his progressed very quickly, and by March he did a 1 day stint on IV fluids. At that point he'd not eaten well at all for a week. He did good for 2 days then back. Then went for a 3 day stay for IV fluids a week later. Our last attempt to stabilize his numbers and get him back on his feet. Same result, same numbers. So we said goodbye last Tuesday. He'dp gotten down to 6lbs which was an awful number for him. I couldn't do this to him any longer.
We had him for approx 6yrs as well. We found out the reason he was probably kicked to the curb was because with other cats, he pees outside the litter box. To me that's no reason to kick a cat outside. For probably 2 of the 6yrs we had him, he shared a room with my son. Before that, I could never tell who was peeing. At one point I had 13 rescues.😄
My Noir's nickname was
The Cuddle King. Because he was so soft and cute and loved to cuddle. A soft meow and beautiful face with such depth in his eyes. I'll love and miss him forever. Tomorrow makes one week since he's been gone, so it'll probably be rough. I'm going to try my best to remember all the good times. He spent the last month+ out in the main living area with all us during the day. And I spent the last 2 weeks sleeping in my son's room at night (he works over night) to be with him. I didn't want him to be alone in case something happened. Thanks to that time, I have some good recent memories. I miss you baby boy.🐾💕

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Any cat (or person for that matter) who has you for their guardian is beyond fortunate. Thank you for loving them so much :redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I wish I could do more for mine. But I've still 10, and half of them have medical problems. I typically take them in only when I notice something wrong.:(
I just hope I can give them the best life I can.💗

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, NoirStar, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

And now, he curls happily beside Zazzou in That Place Where All Things Are Known, bonded to her by their love of you. And his Love, also, he sends back. I shall do what I always do when one of our members loses a cat, I ask my Dad to look after them until their human, in the fullness of time, rejoins them. I do this with all confidence, because where ever in That Place the cats are, my Dad will be, also.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are a savior of cats! To take in so many is hard on the pocketbook, but so filling for the heart. You are rich in love!
It is hard when one of our loved ones has to leave, but I know they were cared for and received all the love they wanted. They were a part of a large family and that in itself is a blessing. The house will seem a little emptier now, but his spirit will remain in your hearts and the happiness he brought you will fill your thoughts with happy memories. He is at peace because he carries your love and the love of his family with him always. it is a bond that can never be broken and you can use that bond to feel his love when you need it most. Take care and find comfort in those remaining in your care.......RIP sweet NoirStar. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, NoirStar, another kitty whose life was cut short too soon. But like Zazzou, he got as much love and good care as any kitty could hope for. Rest in peace, little man. :rbheart:

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, NoirStar, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

And now, he curls happily beside Zazzou in That Place Where All Things Are Known, bonded to her by their love.
I shall do what I always do when one of our members loses a cat, I ask my Dad to look after them until their human, in the fullness of time, rejoins them. I do this with all confidence, because where ever in That Place the cats are, my Dad will be, also.
Can't thank you enough for that. The thought of them being looked after helps soothe the heart some. And I like the thought of them together.
You guys have me tearing up. Thank you. I hope they will wait for and remember me.💗

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, they will! They will remember you just as you will always remember them. Where they are, a hundred years is but a blink of the eye, time is only sooo long to us who are left behind here on earth......

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Of course, they will! They will remember you just as you will always remember them. Where they are, a hundred years is but a blink of the eye, time is only sooo long to us who are left behind here on earth......
Thank you. My father says that too. I hope. I hate the idea of them beingyup there confused and lost. He told me that too. So maybe if it's more than just him believing, he's not so crazy after all.😁💗
Thank you for your kind thoughts and words. I take it all to heart and it helps in low times

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are happy, whole, and at peace because they carry your love. Even the pope says our pets will be in heaven if they made us happy here on earth. Read on the internet the poem, The Rainbow Bridge. It never fails to make me cry, it is beautiful.