My Sweet Little Toby

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So we just got back from saying goodbye to our Toby. :sniffle:
He kicked CKDs ass right up till the end of his wonderful 20 years of life. He was such a trooper, but we knew that his little body was done fighting, so he is now with his 2 brothers, Fritz (who left us 5 years ago) and Hank (who passed less than 2 months ago) in heaven. :angel3: :angel3: :angel3:
He instantly loved everyone (person or animal) who came into his life, was a great friend to his brothers, even if (one in particular), was a bit of an ass to him and always loved (well...demanded) some cuddling. :catrub: Even his last day, when he was no longer able to walk, he still mustered up the energy to wiggle his way as close has he could to us and reach out and grab our hand and pull it to his face with his paw for some petting. He was never satisfied unless he was in contact with us at all times. I'm going to miss his warm little body snuggled up next to me. :catlove:
Both my husband and I were able to be with him right up until the end. And with the help of the kind and compassionate staff at our vet, it was very peaceful and I will always be grateful for them. :heartshape:
RIP Toby, we will always love you. :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What wonderful people you, your family and your vet and their staff are!!

RIP darling cat, you gave it your all, with love. You were a cat amongst cats, and you will be so missed, and so loved :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Toby, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

He is with you still, you know. Love does not die, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides. Silent, unseen, but felt...Love abides.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
For 20 years you shared a great life together, but sadly this life was over but he is alive and well again in the new one, and you will see him again one day and it will be wonderful.

I am sorry for your loss of that special boy....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my husband and I were able to be with him right up until the end. And with the help of the kind and compassionate staff at our vet, it was very peaceful and I will always be grateful for them. :heartshape:
RIP Toby, we will always love you. :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob:
And this is the best thing you will remember at the end.
RIP Toby, you were a warrior and a friendly cat.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers are with you, it is never easy to say goodbye.....that you had twenty wonderful years with that little boy is amazing, a testament to your loving care. I'm so happy his passing was peaceful, I truly think he was ready to be reunited with his brothers, he had lived to his potential here on earth.
The bond of love you have built link by link over the years is amazingly strong. He will always be a part of you now, as near as your thoughts and prayers, so send him happy thoughts of happier times, so that in this way he will live on through you, be with you until that wonderful day when you will all be together again.
"Death cannot take that which never dies", and your love for him never will. So celebrate having him and his dear brothers in your life, they made that life a little more special, a little more precious.
do not remember him as he was at the end, but as he is now, strong and loving and demanding your attention, that is how he would want it, just as you would want for him if you were the first to go.
Please know I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, please come back to this wonderful site and share your knowledge with others, there are many who need someone like you to guide them. Take care......RIP beautiful Toby. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on Toby's passing. You wrote a beautiful tribute to a very special cat. 20 years is indeed a testament to your excellent care & the wonderful life you gave him. :grouphug2::heartshape::rbheart: