My Stand Mixer Broke! Recommendations for a new one?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks tasty! Don't you love setting it to work and then being free to do other stuff?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will never be sorry you bought this. I made mashed potatoes in mine yesterday.
Oh, I already loved the idea of a stand mixer before I bought this one. It replaced a lower grade model from Hamilton Beach. I can tell you the KitchenAid is much better. Quieter, sounds more like a loud purr. Mixes better, too. The materials are more evenly distributed due to the planetary mixing action.
Looks tasty! Don't you love setting it to work and then being free to do other stuff?
That's the big draw for me. I get really bored just sitting there holding up and moving beaters around. The stand mixer will do it so much better because if I'm bored I'll probably quit earlier and not mix it as well.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Oh, I already loved the idea of a stand mixer before I bought this one. It replaced a lower grade model from Hamilton Beach. I can tell you the KitchenAid is much better. Quieter, sounds more like a loud purr. Mixes better, too. The materials are more evenly distributed due to the planetary mixing action.
My first stand mixer (probably back around 1971 or so) was a Hamilton Beach. It didn't die on me, but something happened to the beaters when I put them in one day to mix something and they got so twisted I could never use them again. Back then we didn't have eBay and places to find parts for stuff and Hamilton Beach didn't really want to help me with new beaters, so the mixer went into the trash.

I'm really satisfied with my KA.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just added the KitchenAid stand mixer to our wedding registry... can't wait! It will be a LOT easier to make my mom's m&m Christmas cookies in the same mixer she always used!