My Siberian cat mated yet has no pinkening

nevamasiberi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 18 months female Siberian cat mated on 3/21/23 several times within a course of two days with my experienced stud. There is no pink nipples but has not gone into heat yet. Can she still be pregnant? This never happened to me before. My females nipples always pink up around 2 to 3 weeks after mating. Any comments are welcomed. Thank you!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We simply cant know for sure. Pinking, typically around day 21, is the common. But its not 100% mandatory....

Also, although mating with an experienced stud usually results, this is not a sure outcome... I presume your girl is a first timer? so you cant know if she is easy to impregnate, or may have difficulties...

Its just to wait and see.

When our residents were studs, we had usully written in the contract a re mating... Because it is known, a mating even if succesfull, doesnt always results.
The only exception to such a remating promise, was if the stud was soon going for neutering....

Its possible moggies have easier to get impregnated... They just sneak out, and come back pregnant... But that is another story. :)

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a question, not an answer: Wouldn't the male know whether the female is still in season?

When my father bred hunting dogs, he would let them mate a few times until the male didn't have so much interest, anymore. At that time, my father would say, "She's done mating." and wouldn't put the dogs together, anymore.

Is this really true, or is it just hearsay?

Does it work the same for cats?

I was just a kid at the time... :dunno:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is a question, not an answer: Wouldn't the male know whether the female is still in season?

When my father bred hunting dogs, he would let them mate a few times until the male didn't have so much interest, anymore. At that time, my father would say, "She's done mating." and wouldn't put the dogs together, anymore.

Is this really true, or is it just hearsay?

Does it work the same for cats?

I was just a kid at the time... :dunno:
Is it so more or less with cats too. Cats become usually pals after the mating, so its seldom problem to let them be together. Say, owner did leave his queen with the stud, and went back home. Or is staying in hotell in town. (our studs were free hire swords, so the ladies come always from far away - the especial mating recommended by knowleable mentors)
But after they are done and nobody is much interested in mating, its of course convenient to take missus back home.

The only detail is to make sure stud sees missus is taken away in her carrier... Otherwise he will miss her, and seek after her.... This trick shortens the mourning period.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only detail is to make sure stud sees missus is taken away in her carrier... Otherwise he will miss her, and seek after her....
Never would have thought of that! All our dogs were kept in outdoor runs where they could all see and hear each other. Every dog had its own pen with a doghouse inside. When it was time to breed, Father just moved dogs from one pen to another. When everything was all said and done, the dogs just went back to their original pens.

I'll file your bit of information away... they need to see each other when they part ways.

Ya' never know when something like that might come in handy. ;)

Foldy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
get an ultrasound! painless and will tell if she is pregnant.