My Pregnant Cats Stomach Decreased In Size After Giving Her Praziquantel

Brittney Chasse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So yesterday I noticed something that looked like grains of rice around my cats anus. Googled it and it said tape worms. Went to petsmart and got praziquantel and gave that to her yesterday afternoon and I gave her an entire pill cause she's 5.5lbs. She's acting fine other than her stomach is noticeably smaller from yesterday and that concerns me. Yesterday the sides of her stomach stuck out and was tight. Now today she seems to be smaller and I'm so worried by giving her that I have harmed the unborn kitties. I researched and it said it was fine to give that medicine to a pregnant cat. I'm just really worried

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
B Brittney Chasse

Is she near the end of her pregnancy?

It sounds like the kittens have dropped down closer to the birth canal. This occurs before labor begins.

It has nothing to do with the worm pill, with is very mild and totally safe for pregnant and nursing moms. She'll need a second pill in two weeks. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brittney Chasse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm pretty sure she's coming to the end of her pregnancy

Brittney Chasse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm pretty sure she's coming to the end of her pregnancy. She's just laying around and taking it easy. She's very irritable around my 2 year old and that's the cats best friend lol she never acts irritated with my daughter so I think it's almost time. I just thought for sure I had harmed the kittens with the pills. And thanks. Inwaa wondering when to give another dose because the directions didn't explain much!

Brittney Chasse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sure will!! I can relax finally!Thank you so much. I have been in panic all day hoping I didn't harm the innocent kitties!