My pregnant cat is supposedly over a week overdue

Beth19marshall

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
7F02BC31-9573-4E50-B341-2D3DF83FFACE.jpeg
Hello, so my cat isla is pregnant but we weren’t sure on the exact date she conceived so I took her for an ultrasound on the 9th September (over 4 weeks ago) and th lady said that she was definitely 6 weeks gone due to the skeletal development and said to be expecting kittens in the next 2-3 weeks. This was 4 weeks ago and there’s still no signs. she’s gotten bigger and you can see the kittens moving but there are no behavioural changes, no nesting, no pacing or any signs of Labour. This is her first litter of kittens and the vet hasn’t looked at her but reassured me over the phone that everything should be fine. She’s comfortable in the home, she stays in my bedroom all of the time since being pregnant and wont leave here off her own back, so I have set up 3 nesting areas in here butt still nothing, any help would be appreciated. I will attach some images, thanks!
0BB20DC5-396B-4163-A7E5-FCBA35502BA6.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just wait it out since she is in no distress. She’s probably not really “overdue.” Vets must use their best estimate when looking at bone development. It’s not precise. She sounds close, but Mother Nature knows best!

Do keep us posted!