My pregnant cat is making me feel guilty

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wonderful news! Mom had a big night and morning but looks content. Exhausted, I’m sure. Put her food, water, and litter nearby so she does not have to go far to eat, drink, or use the litter box.

Weigh the babies daily. They should gain 6-10 grams (or more) each day.

The orange kittens will all be males. The calico will be female, and the tuxedo could be either.

Give mom a dish or two daily of kitten formula to drink. She needs the extra calcium for nursing.

Keep us posted! Tibbs&Olive Tibbs&Olive

Robert Lee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news! Mom had a big night and morning but looks content. Exhausted, I’m sure. Put her food, water, and litter nearby so she does not have to go far to eat, drink, or use the litter box.

Weigh the babies daily. They should gain 6-10 grams (or more) each day.

The orange kittens will all be males. The calico will be female, and the tuxedo could be either.

Give mom a dish or two daily of kitten formula to drink. She needs the extra calcium for nursing.

Keep us posted! Tibbs&Olive Tibbs&Olive
🥰

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
USER=10071915]@Tibbs&Olive[/USER]
Mom looks like a tabbico. If dad was ginger, could the ginger kittens not be girls too? I thought if mom has orange and dad is orange, orange kittens could be male or female. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You are correct that it’s possible if mom carries the orange gene that you may have a female orange kitten.