My Pregnant Cat Is Acting Weird And My Males Are Trying To Breed With Her Again

Katiebug94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so halo is I believe almost 8 weeks along and I have two males also and they keep trying to mount her in breeding position.
Is this normal? She doesnt act like shes is in heat because like I said I believe her to be 53 days in.... please someone tell me what to do and is this normal?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard of other situations where males start to respond to a pregnant female as though she's in heat. I think it's fairly normal. Her hormones are going pretty crazy right now.

Keep them away from her, until her kittens are weaned and she's spayed, or until a month after they're neutered. They'll jump her as soon as the kittens are born and it's hard on her body to get pregnant again so soon.

Do you have plans to get them neutered? Keep in mind that they may be fertile for 2-4 weeks after neutering, due to sperm hiding in the tubes.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plus her litter can have multiple fathers so it is super important to keep them apart. Why are you letting her have kittens? Do you plan to spay and neuter them? We can help find low cost options if that is an issue.