My pregnant cat has a clear liquid on her vulva

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello so I have have one year old cat who was supposed to get fixed but got out of the house and got preagnat. She's about 62 days today. I've noticed that she has a yellowish discharge on her vulva from yesterday and there is more today.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for the horrible photo I dontwant to stress her out too much and she doesn't like when I move her legs

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Whoops I labeled this wrong I meant to say a yellowish not clear. She's not licking it either and she still eats just as Much as she usually does. She also had a clear liquid on her vulva the other day and earlier today.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Clear discharge is normal in the final days of pregnancy. Her body is getting ready to go into labor soon. The yellowish discharge is probably part of her mucus plug coming out. She’ll likely have them in the next few days! 😊

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you I'm really looking forward to them coming. Hopefully in the next few days. She got out twice so I'm not sure what day exactly would be her due date. But I'm going off of when she first got out

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also do you have any things I should look out for? Like how will I know she's going or is in labor?

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's doing well today still eating and everything. She had some more brownish liquid stuff. I'm assuming was more of her mucus plug. I'll keep you updated

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No kittens yet but I did catch her nesting in our old crib had to close the door and take her out. (If she gives birth in there the kittens could fall out) she's still eating. Hard to tell if she's more vocal since she'd a very vocal cat

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still no kittens. I'm a little worried she won't have enough milk for them all but I'm not going to worry about it to much until they are all born because. I know that sometimes the milk doesn't really start filling till after they are born(she had milk just not alot) vet said she should be due from the 30th to June 2. He also said there looks to be 3

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats produce colostrum the first day or two, which is very nutrient-rich, then full milk comes in behind it. She should have plenty of milk for 3 kittens! 😊

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As far as I know vets can't always see how many(when my uncles dog was pregnant awile back they said since she was a small breed of dog she'd have one or two she had 5. The vet also said the estimated due date he can give me is may 30th or June 2 but it can be earlier or later as well but he said if she goes past June 5th to come see him. But he said I shouldn't have to because she seems fine with everything and will most likely have them very soon. Shes still eating regularly but is being alot more affectionate towards our dogs and me. And alot more vocal during the day unless we're together in my room then she's quite

Anikasky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kittens are being born! 3 so far more on the way