My Perfect Cat Has Changed ....

FourFeralKittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I am taming 4 kitties that I brought home last week. They are sharing the bedroom with my rescue cat. Before that she was the perfect cat. Always using the sandbox, never scratching anything etc. Now, after the kitties, she cries all day long (I keep her part of the day inside, because I have a cat agressive dog, so they share common spaces at separate times), is not using her sandbox at all. I ordered some felliway, hoping that can help. What else can I do ???? I do really want to give the kitties a chance to be adopted out, but I amreally concerned about my rescue cat. Thanks for your help

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you separate the kittens from your cat? She may be upset that her space has been invaded by four newcomers, which is a lot to adjust to! There are lots of good articles on the site about how to introduce cats that might be helpful.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Thanks for coming here!
In case you're not familiar with where to look, up on the red bar that goes across the screen is Articles, click on that, find the section titled Cat Behavior, and you'll hopefully find some things that will help.
Also, if the feliway doesn't help, there are calming collars, and also some treat type calming products. There's one called Composure that takes a little different approach to their ingredients.
Other than that and the articles, maybe you could put down some puppy training/pee pads so that the cleanup isn't quite so bad and hopefully your cat can hang in there until the kittens are gone.
Good luck!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I would look at ways you could partition off some of your bedroom so,that your cat has space away from the kittens. Perhaps a covered playpen or something like that for the kittens at least until your cat adjusts.