My Ocicat And Tabby!

mrpinkerton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This was my tabby cat, Jezebel. I was 3 years old when my family adopted her in 2003. She was the sweetest cat in the world, but I was always afraid of animals and didn't overcome that fear until I was around 7. She was very close with my older brother, who left for college when I was around 12. Ever since then, she and I were best friends! I loved her so much! She didn't talk a lot, was very calm and she was ALWAYS purring and I know that she loved me. However, two years ago, she developed jaw cancer and as eating and drinking gradually became more and more difficult for her. I was in school one day last year when my dad texted me saying that the people cleaning our house found her and she appeared to be having a stroke and that I'd have to say goodbye to her when I got home. I cried through all of my classes and I just remember SPRINTING from my bus stop to my house, barging through the door and asking where she was, and giving her all of the love, hugs and kisses that one could imagine. I stayed next to her for hours until my dad came home and had to take her to the vet to put her down. We cremated her ashes and put them in one of her favorite spots to sit.
View media item 419915
Grieving was very hard for me and my family, and we believed that we should get a new kitty about a month afterwards. We drove two hours to adopt Mr. Pinkerton. We call him Pink and Pinkers for short. He is a purebred ocicat, which is the rare mix of a siamese and abyssinian. I've loved him from the moment we adopted him. He was very nervous when he first adopted him, which made my dad worry that he would be a terrible cat. I insisted that he was just scared and that he would eventually grow onto us, and he didn't believe me. However, I was right! I tried to spend every moment with him possible in order to make him feel more comfortable in our house (I even played Mozart for him because that's supposed to calm cats down, lol) and now he is such a sweet, affectionate and entertaining kitty! He is very active, talkative and goes crazy over literally everything (one time i put a piece of paper in front of him and he ripped it to shreds). He headbutts me, gives me love bites and loves to cuddle!View media item 419916

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We're glad to have you here. :)

I'm sorry for your loss of your beautiful, sweet, Jezebel. Please do consider posting a memorial to her in our Crossing the Bridge forums. :rbheart: :angel:

Mr. Pinkerton is very handsome! He sounds like a delightful companion.

See you around! :wave3:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello mrpinkerton, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3133.GIF
to both of you.

Yes, we are sorry to hear about Jezebel and hope you are ok now.

Thank you for adopting mrpinkerton and showering him with love too.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and do check out the many informative articles in the Articles section and do post more photos of mrpinkerton for us to see.

Enjoy your stay and see ya aaround :wink:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! :dazzler: Cats can be an important part of the family. Sorry for your loss of Jezebel. :rbheart: But I'm happy you found Mr. Pinkerton and I hope you enjoy this site!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
sgreeting_welcome_team_100-100.gif

It's very nice to have you and Mr. Pinkerton join us. :wave3: He is quite the handsome lad and his sweetness just shines through. Kudos to you for knowing exactly what to do for a frightened kitty who has just moved to a new home. It obviously paid off - he sounds like a very special cat and he obviously loves you a lot. :lovecat:

I am so sorry about your beautiful Jezebel. They are never with us long enough, never. :hugs:

You'll find this is a very caring community so if you ever have any questions about Mr. Pinkerton (or any cat for that matter) please don't hesitate to ask. People here are generous with their expertise and happy to help out.

I hope to see you around the forums and would love to see more pictures of Mr. Pinkerton. BTW: I love his name!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2:

Sorry for the loss of Jezebel. She was very beautiful. Thank you for sharing her story with us. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

Mr. Pinkerton is very handsome. And he sounds like he is a sweetie. :catrub: