My masks came today

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These are cute! I like the pink and light blue ones. :hearthrob: That style seems to be the most comfortable of the ones we've tried. My favorite have thin ribbon for the ear pieces. It's been the most comfortable to my kids and I.

I bought fabric to make masks for us and haven't gotten around to it. (We have a few already.) I had feminine fabrics on hand but it was hard to find a solid to match DH's work uniform. I don't think his job is being picky about that; but DH is picky about what he will wear too. My BFF could have them made in minutes but I feel bad asking her when shes dealing with kids at home and stuff. Maybe if she had a garden I could volunteer to plant it for her while she sews. :lol:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Those are very pretty! We've got some solid black ones with filter pockets that I ordered online back in early March, and hubby has got a 3-layer gray and white striped one and I a maroon one with tiny flowers bought at the radiologist's office.

Medical masks were unavailable when we got the cloth ones, but the situation is improving here. Two and a half weeks ago I managed to get a pack of 50 disposable surgical masks at a reasonable price, so we've been using them. N95 masks are still reserved for healthcare workers, but over half the people you see now are wearing surgical masks.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What they call disposable dental masks are now available through Amazon at a reasonable price. Medical grade still aren't available and I think they might have taken the N95 masks completely off the site. The medical grade are still on the site but they are unavailable.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sam's Club had disposable masks, I bought a box of 50. I don't know if they're medical/dental grade or just something they slapped together for customers. But it'll be nice to have a choice of disposable when I don't feel like washing my mask afterward.

Otherwise I have 3 Korean cloth masks I've had forever, I used them for cleaning the litterbox or other dusty chores. And 1 made by a friend, a bit experimental really ;). And one white one that looks like undies, lol, that's sold by a local silkscreen company. It ties behind the head instead of having ear loops and I really like it even if it isn't pretty. Very comfortable and easy to breathe in.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a box of blue Scott Towels and have been making my own no sew masks. The towel material is supposed to be close to a N95 for filtration, the masks are comfortable to wear and I will get about 100 out of a box.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely love those <3 Very cute! Especially the ones with the cat looking up at the moon and sunflower. What beautiful colors.