My Little Trio Of Weirdos!

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everycat! After months of google searches with this site always being the number one result, I decided to make an account. And after a busy couple of weeks with a new adoption, I’m finally getting around to introducing my kit-kats!

My first boy, who I’ve had the longest (since November 2017), is Spada. He’s a standard short haired tabby of about 9 months. His kennel mate at the Humane Society where I adopted him was a tortie, and he definitely learned a thing or two from her about cattitude. He’s the biggest cuddlebug though and definitely my heart cat! ❤

I brought my second boy, Luca, home on January 4th this year (it was a huge day for me for a lot of reasons, so that’s the only gotcha day I can remember). He’s a tubby orange long-haired boy who’s also 9 months old. For the longest time, I thought he was super oblivious and not all there, but lately he’s be dropping hints about just playing dumb. He’s actually the most socially adept cat I have!

And the cat I’ve had for about three weeks as of yesterday is Illia. She’s a Siamese/Snowshoe/Oriental/Something with the coolest markings I’ve ever seen. At 5 months old, she’s still a little clumsy and not so sure about her big, rowdy brothers. She kneads a LOT, and she also drools a lot while she’s doing it! But she’s fitting in perfectly so far!

We hope to make lots of friends on here, and I personally hope being a part of this site will help me be an even better cat mom!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
What beautiful and amazing weirdos you have! Welcome! I love their little bios, it's amazing how similar and different each cat can be! What does Luca play dumb about?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! They really keep my life interesting!

Luca just plays dumb in general—on the outside, he seems like a space case who doesn’t know what’s going on around him. But now that I’ve gotten to know him and he’s opened up a lot, I can see little glimpses of a highly intelligent and observant animal. He just does a good job of hiding it most of the time.
But when I brought Illia home, I let Luca and her meet separately from Spada, and Luca was very patient, mirrored her body language, made himself as small and unassuming as possible, and let her come to him. Whereas, when Spada met her, he hissed and hit and Halloween-catted for two days straight. Haha.

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
mightyboosh mightyboosh , funny you should say that! I just told my best friend yesterday that Illia’s starting to get cheeky. His response was that of course she’s getting cheeky—she has to deal with her crazy big brothers every day!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SpadaLuca SpadaLuca - Welcome to TCS. They're all absolute beauties, of course, but Illia is just stunning. Snowshoes are never cheeky - why, they're the sweetest cats on earth. I have one, in fact; just don't tug on their ears.

hornz.gif

You'll find mention of Snowshoes here:

Post your sleeping beauties!!!

At posts 2646 and 2653, in fact.

Oh, @Kieka - come see what Santa Claus brought our new member!

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , I had no idea what an...adventure... I was in for. Are Snowshoes really so devilish? Haha.

I loved your Snowshoe lyrics and screenshotted the little known story about the creation of Snowshoes so I can share it with everyone. ;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , I had no idea what an...adventure... I was in for. Are Snowshoes really so devilish? Haha.

I loved your Snowshoe lyrics and screenshotted the little known story about the creation of Snowshoes so I can share it with everyone. ;)
SpadaLuca SpadaLuca - Please see post #23 here:

How Do You Cat Proof?

Additionally, mine has twice cornered my veterinarian's (230 pound) English Mastiff and threatened to take his food. When my vet interceded on the poor dog's behalf, Moo Shu Snowshoe darted away, stole his slice of pizza like Hermes making off with Apollo's cattle, and disappeared into the darkness of the staircase.

SpadaLuca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh man, I’m in for a big surprise once she gets super comfortable. I think Illia’s still in the adjustment phase, so now I’m gonna have to worry about have two crazies to deal with. God forbid she ever gets better at jumping. :lol:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
478EEF20-0A59-4DEF-8BE1-BF60AAF9D9EA.gif
Guys, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
731A4F65-55AA-4455-A6E9-571768AFFA48.gif
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Your kitties are adorable! :lovecat: :lovecat2: Do post more photos of them!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A BIG welcome to you AND your fuzzy little weirdos (although, aren't they all?)!

upload_2018-5-23_17-50-50.jpeg