My kitty has a lump

Lloydyh84

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, my kitty has a lump under the left side of her chin. It has bled and sometimes weeps, but she let's me touch it and doesn't seem bothered by it at all. She also has redness on her bottom lip. Does anyone have any idea what this might be? We do have another baby kitty and they like to play rough?

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! One of two things is going on.....either your kitties are playing very roughly and possibly injuring themselves on other objects along the way, or you have a sore that won't heal. Both problems need to be resolved. IMO, others might take a look and disagree, that does not look like a rough cat play fighting wound. If it is though, it still seems severe and you might want the vet to take a look. Otherwise, a sore that won't heal is definitely a cause for a vet appointment. It is not an emergency, but it is one that should be scheduled in case you have a long wait. How long has it been there with the recurring bleeding and weeping?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lloydyh84

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. We only noticed it about 3/4 days ago. Shes fine in herself and I've only seen it bleed once. She will let me touch it with no bother at all. I'll get her booked in with the vet. (I doubt she's going to let them touch it. She's fiesty. Lol) she will be the death of me this one. Haha. We only had her at the vet a few weeks ago because she got stung by a wasp. £200 later she was bouncing off the walls again.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
So she does get into things! Hopefully you will find out that it is something easy to treat and it is recent enough that you are on top of it if anything else is required.