My Kittens eyes?

Alexis1993

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten’s eyes are continously having discharge and gets puffy sometimes and and dont know what it is and how to clear it, her nose also gets crusty, i took her to the vet and the vet said kittens are prone to URI and gave me a ointment but it really hasnt helped and looked worst so i stopped putting it on her, anything you guys recommend? I also give her lysine chews daily

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you getting the ointment in the edge of the eyelid? Is it an antibiotic ointment? If it still does not work, call the vet and tell them. They may want to change treatment. Make sure her eyes don’t get crusted shut. A warm wet and soft cloth can be used to keep her eyelids clean and loosen the crust to keep her eyes open. The swelling is not something to be ignored so do let the vet know. This is not uncommon in kitties but swelling or crusting shut should be addressed by the vet. Since they have already seen her, hopefully a phone call back to them can get you some help. Do keep us updated. She is absolutely beautiful!