My kitten won't eat anything!

Syai Qis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 2 month old kitten and she doesn't want to eat anything i give her. First, she don't like any kibble brand and flavor that i bought. But it's okay because she still can eat canned food, so i feed her wetfood all this time. But i don't know why, this week, she doesn't want anything. Even though i try gave her different flavor and brand of wetfood, she's still refuse. Today, i had to force feed her because she's getting skinny and it's worrying me.

Please, what can i do to attract this picky eater appetite?

p/s i will buy goat milk tomorrow to give it a try

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, goats milk is a good nourishment, try with this.

The fact she normally prefers wet food isnt bad; because wet food is usually healthier than dry... But you tell she refuse now the wet too??

Its possible she is stuffed in her nose, and doesnt feel the enticing smell... Try to warm up a little the food...

And yeah, force feed her if necessary.... Hopefully you can do int as a sort of a thing between you both, so its a moment of pleasure, almost cuddling, as such....

If it doesnt help, you should consult an experienced vet... There may be some alarming problem...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Syai Qis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, goats milk is a good nourishment, try with this.

The fact she normally prefers wet food isnt bad; because wet food is usually healthier than dry... But you tell she refuse now the wet too??

Its possible she is stuffed in her nose, and doesnt feel the enticing smell... Try to warm up a little the food...

And yeah, force feed her if necessary.... Hopefully you can do int as a sort of a thing between you both, so its a moment of pleasure, almost cuddling, as such....

If it doesnt help, you should consult an experienced vet... There may be some alarming problem...
I've bought goat milk, but she only drank it the first time i made it. After that, she refuse it. Same goes with raw chicken and boiled chicken. She only ate it once and then she doesn't anymore. She's a active cat, she likes to play with her sibling. And there is no symptom of whatever ilness so far. I know she is hungry, she often meowing at me but i don't know what to feed her anymore....

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to entice; handfeed, mouthfull by mouthfull... One momma, one for daddy, one for dear aunt... etc...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try mixing pate wet food with goat milk to make a slush. This may be easier for her to eat. Also, you can try softening dry kibble with the goat milk. At 2 months she may be teething and this may be the issue.

Syai Qis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try mixing pate wet food with goat milk to make a slush. This may be easier for her to eat. Also, you can try softening dry kibble with the goat milk. At 2 months she may be teething and this may be the issue.
I've tried these before and it's not working. Sometimes when i force feed her, she will throw it out back from the mouth. Just now, i try again to feed her with raw chicken but she only want it when i dip it in the chicken blood. She ate half of the chicken breast. But i worry because i've read on several website that feeding cat too much raw meat can cause some bad effect , right? If this picky behavior goes on, i might take her to the vet next week for some check up and suggestion...

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you try to syringe feed her some kitten formula?

She may need to go to the vet. She's very young and more at risk because of this.

Does she have any other symptoms? There's an assessment here that might help us help you if you can give more information.

Assessing Kitten Health — Kitten Lady

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe she would take to bottle feeding and some KMR. She might not have been ready to fully wean.

I know at one kitten that a rescuer had that I was following had a kitten who decided to never wean and he was adopted out with his bottle.
Weaning — Kitten Lady.

Syai Qis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe she would take to bottle feeding and some KMR. She might not have been ready to fully wean.

I know at one kitten that a rescuer had that I was following had a kitten who decided to never wean and he was adopted out with his bottle.
Weaning — Kitten Lady.
I might buy KMR later because i've spent a lot of money for this little one just for her stomach and a lot has gone to waste....

I've gave her milk using both bottle feeding and on plate. But she only take both once and then the second time, she doesn't want it anymore.

Please recommend me some kibble and wetfood brand that suit picky eater...

Syai Qis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Now, i try to feed her in a different way or environment. Maybe i will find her 'way' of eating some time...

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I might buy KMR later because i've spent a lot of money for this little one just for her stomach and a lot has gone to waste....

I've gave her milk using both bottle feeding and on plate. But she only take both once and then the second time, she doesn't want it anymore.

Please recommend me some kibble and wetfood brand that suit picky eater...
Milk could make her tummy more upset. Cats cannot process lactose.

Personally, I'd recommend you trying a single can of prepared KMR , which would be the same price as a can of wet food you will try. PetSmart has the single cans if you're in North America. There may be other brands as well.

Or asking the vet for a can of recovery food to try.

She'll need to see a vet though. Changing the food like that all the time can upset the tummy further.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try feeding with a small needleless syringe or dropper — small drops at a time. Otherwise, see a vet if nothing works. Are you sure she is not eating at night when you might not know?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Milk could make her tummy more upset. Cats cannot process lactose.

Personally, I'd recommend you trying a single can of prepared KMR , which would be the same price as a can of wet food you will try. PetSmart has the single cans if you're in North America. There may be other brands as well.

Or asking the vet for a can of recovery food to try.

She'll need to see a vet though. Changing the food like that all the time can upset the tummy further.
Goats milk is much safer than cow milk... why I dont know because goats milk contains lactose almost as much as cow milk... my guess is goats milk contains much more of natural lactase enzyme... also the proteins are milder... anyway, lotsa of rescuers breeders and owners had tried goats milk, and almost all are happy with it...

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Goats milk is much safer than cow milk... why I dont know because goats milk contains lactose almost as much as cow milk... my guess is goats milk contains much more of natural lactase enzyme... also the proteins are milder... anyway, lotsa of rescuers breeders and owners had tried goats milk, and almost all are happy with it...
Each mammal's milk has a different type of lactose. Many people even with lactose intolerance can digest goats milk easily, myself included.

I've never successfully had a kitten or cat eat or drink goat dairy (milk or yogurt). I've heard too, that it works for many like you mentioned 🐱

It's unfortunate that cats who don't take to it can't tell us if it's taste or if they are sensitive to the goats lactose still.

A kitten formula will taste different and be nutritionally complete. It'll be easier for the kitten to digest too so perhaps it could be a success for this circumstance.

Syai Qis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys, thank for all your suggestions. For now, my cat has eaten raw chicken and she loves it very much that she will hiss at me everytime i try to touch her while she's eating haha. I hope she will stick to it...