My kitten is not pooping

JayRadoff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found a kitten in a bush and after looking for the mother and other kittens, but finding none, I brought her home. She is two weeks old and looks healthy and fed. After feeding her kitten formula, I stimulated her and she peed but didn't poop. the next day I fed her again and she peed but didn't poop. And the day after that she didn't poop either. Is she constipated? What do I do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Correct! Adding a couple drops of olive oil will soften poop and bring on a movement. Kittens frequently become constipated when switching from mother’s milk to formula until their systems adjust. She should poop in the next 24 hours after you begin adding oil. If not, let us know

Are you weighing the kitten daily? How much and how often are you feeding? Which brand formula are you using?

Awesome that you saved this kitten! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JayRadoff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JayRadoff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Correct! Adding a couple drops of olive oil will soften poop and bring on a movement. Kittens frequently become constipated when switching from mother’s milk to formula until their systems adjust. She should poop in the next 24 hours after you begin adding oil. If not, let us know

Are you weighing the kitten daily? How much and how often are you feeding? Which brand formula are you using?

Awesome that you saved this kitten! :)
I am weighing her everyday. I feed her every 3 hours. You most likely wont know it because of where I live

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she doesn't go after the olive oil, go get an infant suppository in the baby dept. shave off a tiny sliver and insert it in her anus. sometimes it is the only thing that works. There is also a video on the internet with the 'Kitten Lady', showing how stimulating under running warm water and rubbing the area with a warm wet cloth while doing so, gets them to go too, she is wonderful to watch with tiny kittens.