My Kitten Doesn't Eat

Hema.700

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,
My cat ( 8 weeks old ) doesn't like to eat anything other than tuna and a little milk. Also she doesn't like to eat a treat. She looks thin. Is that fine? Or, What I have to do?

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tuna and milk is not a complete diet for a cat, I'm afraid. What kind of milk are you giving? Cows milk is not appropriate for them, but I hear goat's milk is a bit better. What have you offered her so far?

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mizzely is right, cows milk isn't safe for cats or kittens.
Id also add that it could be because if you feed tuna in large amounts very often, your cat can become "addicted" and refuse to eat anything else.
I suggest mixing dry food with a lot less tuna, just poor some juices over the dry food so she can get the smell and taste of tuna. If you were feeding her cow milk, go out and buy some goat milk and mix a bit of that with her food too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hema.700

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tuna and milk is not a complete diet for a cat, I'm afraid. What kind of milk are you giving? Cows milk is not appropriate for them, but I hear goat's milk is a bit better. What have you offered her so far?
Yes I'm giving her a cows milk. What do you suggest for me? She didn't eat anything other than tuna and cheese

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some cheese is very good! With that much tuna she needs more E-vitamines, calcium, fat, prob also some b-vitamines...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, try tuna flavored cat food. Also try other flavors. She needs dry food available 24/7.

Cats are lactose intolerant, so cannot digest cow's milk. Whiskas makes treat milk for cats that is safe to give. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hema.700

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Actually I got food for her from there and now she likes that. Thank you