My kitten bottom canine teeth are showing

Nermeen Salem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. My 6 month old kitten has his both bottom canine teeth sticking out of his mouth. I visited 2 vets both advised that they should be removed but i am a bit nervous about it. How could he survive without his 2 bottom canines? How he will look like without them? Has anyone experienced anything similar can help me please. Thanks in advance

Attachments

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats can do really well with less teeth. One of mine is missing half of them now and she has no issue eating. If they stay as is, the rest of his teeth are going to start to shift out of place most likely and eventually could cause even more problems. Plus it looks like he could easily snag onto something with them sticking out like.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Canines are for biting prey and ripping it apart which domesticated cats don’t have to do so he will not only be fine without them but probably better off. It looks like the one is going to rub on his face or poke his nose.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry about missing teeth. He'll do fine. Those out-of-place fangs might cause him some discomfort if they rub too hard on the lips. He could get sores.

He'll look just like any normal cat without them.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with all the above members. :agree: When we adopted our present cat he already had some missing and cracked teeth. Since then he needed several dental surgeries and removing his canine(s) was one of them. It did not adversely affect him. In fact, he was able to have an easier time eating and did very well. I hope the same is true for your kitten, best of luck.:alright: