My house!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

It is! And we just bought our first gallon of paint for the guest bedroom tonight! We are sooo excited!
Congrats! Happy painting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for all the kind words!

I'm getting ready to go meet Travis to sign the next 30 years of my life to this house

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!
That's a gorgeous home!
How exciting you will get to be in for Christmas!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Congratulations! What a pretty house ( I esp. like the trim around the front door, and everything looks so clean & fresh, too)! I am so happy for you all.

This brought back memories of buying our house, 4 years ago in February. It is my 1st house, and there is nothing like that first house feeling of excitement when you put the key into the lock...and then it hits you--you OWN this place! Wow! Eveything looks so spacious, you wonder how you will fill it up; don*t worry, you soon will!
I moved in the day of settlement, but DH had to go back to work after signing the papers, so I took his Jeep, and crammed it full, and made several trips to the apartment. It was so weird, yet nice, to be in my very own, empty house. (This was on a Thursday, but we officially moved on that Saturday, when we could get a truck and friends to help us.) Hint: set up the beds FIRST, before anything else--you will be exhausted at the end of the day, so you will have your bed ready to collapse on (or if you simply want to take a rest while moving/hurt your back, etc.). Also, I packed a box with easy-to-heat up food and beverages, with paper plates, plastic cutlery and paper napkins, etc., along with a small 1st aid kit and toliet paper, wipes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.--and unpacked these first, and kept them in a visible place in the house. This way, if you are too tired to finish in one day, you have the basic neccessities handy. (In fact, I would plan on this happening!).

Most folks also install new door locks immediately--just to be on the safe side.

We could not wait to get our (then) 2 cats, Marge & Jasmine, into the house-they never had stairs before, and we were so excited on the trip over with them--then we let 'em loose in the house! It was hilarious to watch them sniff everything, and it gave us a warm, fuzzy feeling--our *kids* had a nice, big place to play and hang out. Such a sweet moment...
Remember to take pics of your cat(s), too!