My Holland... :)

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those of you who don't know - long story short, Holland and I are living in my mom's basement for now (hopefully not too much longer), and my sister, BIL, nephew, 2 nieces and their dog are here too (yay economy!).

Holland is afraid of everyone who is not her meowmy, but she has been getting better (MUCH better) around my family. Jake (the dog) was outside this morning, so I opened the basement door to let Holland upstairs and she was up in an instant! She was hanging out with me & my nieces, chilling in a patch of sun, when somebody (we think it was BIL
) let Jake in. They have been introduced before, and they do well watching each other from a distance, but Jake still seems to feel that Holland is prey...

He got her cornered in the kitchen in a flash, but within moments we were able to intervene and grab Jake to let Holland flee to her "safe" basement. I immediately checked on Holland, no damage done. I came back upstairs and one of my nieces said Jake's nose was bleeding. What?
Sure enough, Jake had a scratch on his nose (no worries, he's fine). The only thing we can figure is that Holland got a good scratch in when they were tussling in the kitchen.

I love that my nephew said "Well, maybe he learned his lesson!".
I'm honestly happy to know that my girl can defend herself when it's necessary. I have a constant worry in the back of my mind about what could happen between Jake & Holland if I'm not around, so - as much as I love Jake - I have to say I'm thrilled that my little baby held her own when she needed to.

My mom has volunteered to keep Jakey on his leash while Holland is upstairs. I really don't plan to be here for much longer, but I think if we can get Jake & Holland to be friends, only good can come from it.

I
my family. They are trying SO hard with Holland, being SO patient, and knowing that I love her more than anything.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

I
my family. They are trying SO hard with Holland, being SO patient, and knowing that I love her more than anything.
That's really wonderful. To have family who understands (or tries really hard to understand because they care) feels good.

I'm glad Jake is okay and Holland didn't get hurt!

[[ETA: Check the "completed signatures" thread.
]]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! And thanks for the sig!
I'm glad you said it in your post, because I've forgotten to check that forum.

Yay! I'm happy to have my gorgeous girl in my siggy again!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you like it! If the colors/fonts, etc. aren't okay, let me know! Holland is a beautiful girl.
I love black kitties.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

I love that my nephew said "Well, maybe he learned his lesson!".
I'm honestly happy to know that my girl can defend herself when it's necessary. I have a constant worry in the back of my mind about what could happen between Jake & Holland if I'm not around, so - as much as I love Jake - I have to say I'm thrilled that my little baby held her own when she needed to.
Never underestimate the power of the cat's claw, Jake!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it makes you feel any better I'm stuck living in my parents house to
At least your family is patient, when it comes to Luna and Midnight my mother isn't.

Poor Jake, he had to learn the hard way.

Also I like your new signature

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad Jake is OK and I'm really proud of Holland!
Kudos, little girl!

I'm also glad that your family is trying to make things better for Holland. Hopefully, it won't be much longer til you're back out on your own.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad Holland wasn't hurt and only a minor scratch on Jake. Maybe Jake will get the message
and hopefully will think twice next time

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, little Holland the ninja kitty! Sorry she got stuck in the confrontation with Jake, but I'm glad she was able to handle it while she had to! I also think it's great that she's finally been getting more comfortable with your family.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What I like about Patch is he grew up around dogs and other cats. Where I am now there is a large dog. Before, Patch and NoName (yes, that's the dogs name) would tussle around and have fun. Now, Patch is a little rougher and NoName kinda stays away now.

At least now, if I decide to get a little dog later on, Patch wouldn't have a problem.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this is wonderful! I am SO happy to hear that your family is making an effort to be more understanding about Holland, not only as a cat, but as an individual personality. And I am also thrilled to hear that Holland is doing more and more adventuring, what a Brave Girl. Hurray!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW! First off, thank you to everyone for your kind words, Holland and I appreciate it very much.

So, my mom and I were watching Biggest Loser tonight, and after we put Jake to bed, Holland came right upstairs and jumped onto the couch right next to my mom. Holland has made this mistake before, jumping onto the couch where I *normally* sit, only to realize I'm not the one there, freaking out and running away. Tonight, she saw that it was my mom there, and SHE LET MY MOM PET HER!!!

We are making progress. I think Holland got offended the other night when I made note of how cute Holland is, and my mom said she'd be a lot cuter if she let my mom pet her once in a while...

Wheeeeeee, I'm so excited!!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you guys sure weren't kidding about Da Bird, were you?

Holland and I got our Da Bird and Turbo Track in the mail from Amazon today, and I have to say... what is it about this thing?!?
I've got wand toys with feathers, but for some reason, Da Bird is SO freakin' enticing that Holland will come upstairs to play with it (to my nephew's laughing delight
).

My nephew was nearly in stitches watching Holland's bobbing head at this thing... And she's currently playing with her Turbo Track, despite the fact that she's been ignoring the OTHER "ball in a track toy" that she's had for ages.

I mean, it's one thing to rotate the toys, but when you give them essentially the SAME toys they've had all along, what is a meowmy to think?!?