My Grandmother Passed Away Tonight

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I'm so sorry. She sounds like she was truly a special woman. Sending lots of (((hugs))) for you and your family.
Thankyou soo much
She was a very special woman!

Tonight was her viewing. We had a lot of friends and family show up, so that helped a lot. My dad even showed up to show his support (for those of you who know me well, that's a VERY welcome suprise). I swore I wasn't going to cry (was attempting to be strong for everyone else), but as soon as I walked in I heard one of her favorite songs "sissy's song" playing and I cried for a good while

After a while I was ok though.

She had an open casket viewing and the people did a beautiful job with her hair/makeup. She looked soo peaceful.
I made one big memory board filled with pictures of her and our family, had one collage frame with 4 good pictures of her in it, and had several pictures of her blown up...they turned out really well and the sweet people at the funeral home brought out a huge display board for the non-framed pictures. There was also a ton of beautiful flowers there today. Everyone that came to visit was soo kind. / We had some snow tonight, so they've changed her funeral for tomorrow morning from a graveside funeral to an indoor one.

In addition to coping with my Nannie's viewing today, I also found out this morning from my sister, Debbie, that my Cousin Sandy passed away this week and the funeral was today. (Debbie just found out today too). Debbie and I decided that she would go to Sandy's funeral and I would go to my Nannie's viewing since they were both at the same time. (My Cousin Sandy was in her 60's and had been fighting cancer for a while.) Debbie is comming to Nannie's funeral in the morning, and then her and I are planning to go sit Shiva with Sandy's immediate family on Tuesday. That way we get to be with both families.

It's just been a very sad, long week...I'm definitely ready for some good news!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nikki, I'm so sorry about your Nannie's passing. You are doing a wonderful job of honouring her memory, and I hope there is healing for your heart in it.
I'm sure she is very proud of all her family.