My grandfather passed away this morning

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Heidi...I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'm thinking of you and your family, especially your grandmother...are there people there with her? She may need someone monitoring her to make sure she eats, etc.
and
Kim

I like the sound of the chocolate cherry shot. Maybe it was a little soon.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry... I hope you can get some comfort, and your grandma keeps going strong... Even though you are not close, they KNOW you are by their sides, every minute... Through love...
All the best for you and your family -

megra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your grandparents have had good long lives and although you are going to miss your grandfather and you'll want to comfort your grandmother, do try to see the positive side and celebrate a life well lived.

I have had to deal with more than my fair share of death. Some are easier to deal with than others. My beloved grandmother was actually one of the easiest. She was 96 when she died and her quality of life had deteriorated badly but she had been a loving, strong but modest woman who was adored and respected by her whole family. Her time had simply come and we had to accept that and be a little grateful for her because her life was never going to get better.

So be strong, be there for your grandmother and try to call to mind all the happy memories.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. My grandfather is still here, and I know I would be devastated. Be safe.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences to your family & extra prayers go out for your grandmother - losing your partner of 71years is alot like losing part of yourself, my heart aches for your grandmother