My God - The Noise When My Cat Poops

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No way could a kitten eat that much though. That's 18oz of wet food, plus a tray of kibble. That would give me diarrhea if I ate that much. My cats have never eaten over 9oz total. No judgement by the way, just trying to help you get rid of the stinky poops.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cihanthepanda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im in the uk guys
and thanks, i will start a new brand from tomorrow
and yes my kitten wont stop eating :(

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try 3 packets of wet food a day with dry food for snacking. See if that helps.

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Food intolerance isn't very common in young kittens. I'm betting that there's some parasite/worm that wasn't caught in the usual panel that's causing the issue. And if the parasite is getting all the nutrition, it would explain why the kitten is eating so much.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what I was thinking, some type of worm or parasite that maybe they didn't test for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cihanthepanda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Food intolerance isn't very common in young kittens. I'm betting that there's some parasite/worm that wasn't caught in the usual panel that's causing the issue. And if the parasite is getting all the nutrition, it would explain why the kitten is eating so much.
im going to the store today and im going to get the multi deworming tablet which gets all different types of worms
do you think thats best
also how will i get her to eat the tablet
i remember last time it was a nightmare to get the kitten to open its mouth :(

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the tablet flavored? If not, it will probably have to be swallowed. If it's too bitter (like Drontal), the cat will just puke it up if you put it in the food.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use soft treats to pill my cats. I can mold the treat around the pill. I'm not sure what brands are available where you live; but I buy the Whisker Lickin soft treats for pilling. My girls dont care for pill pockets.

Percysdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You feed him 600g of cat food a day?! Does he eat all of that? I know it’s been said but the volume may be the problem here... that is way too much for a kitten.

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In some countries, testing for parasites just means the vet looked for intestinal worms. It doesnt include protozoas.

So you might want to ask your vet what the kitten was tested for.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I went to raw I was feeding a canned Evo food with a purple label. It gave both my cats ridiculously horribly smelly, runny poops. They would poop two rooms over and it would still waft into our bedroom at night. There was no way it could be left in the box. I HAD to get up and get rid of it or the whole house would be awake all night. It had a terribly distinctive aroma, too, almost as if the poop had been set on fire.

:angryfire:

We tried for a week but when the poop was still otherworldly I gave up and put them both on raw.

I think you're going to have to try another food.

Percysdad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you're in the UK, try Feringa from Zooplus. It's great quality and, whilst I wouldn't exactly want to bottle the aroma of my boys' little brown gifts, it's not horrendously bad. We also SWEAR by the odour absorption superpowers of the Tigerino crystal litter we get from Zooplus. That changed our lives when we found it...!