My First Ever Cats (and Pets, Actually)

Callaloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone
I'm new to the cat world. Last time I had an animal in my life I was about 10 and it was a fish. I always wanted a cat but was never allowed. I have my own place now so I got Mimi on Sept 21 at 6 weeks old.

20180921_211926.jpg

I felt bad about leaving her home alone every day so a week ago I adopted Tammy at 12 weeks old.
20181104_130446.jpg

Mimi was not impressed at first. Every time I'd try to introduce them Mimi would pounce on Tammy and sink her teeth in and not let go. And she'd growl and hiss a lot.

20181104_134330.jpg

But I went through the process of gradually introducing them and as of yesterday they're best pals.

20181110_131601.jpg

20181110_130805.jpg

20181110_131805.jpg

I've been doing a lot of research on raising kittens and this website has been a great resource so far. I look forward to being part of the community here :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-179632.jpg.gif
Callaloo, Mimi and Tammy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3858.JPG

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Mimi and Tammy are so cute and adorable! Glad the introductions went well!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :hellosmiley: I'm glad you joined the site and have been acquainting yourself with all the valuable resources. Thank you for adopting Mimi and Tammy, two positively precious kittens. :lovecat4: The pics are representative of a match made in heaven. Can't wait to see these two felines grow up together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Callaloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site. Congratulations on your lovely family. They look quite alike I had to look at the first photos twice. Enjoy having them.
Yeah I mixed them up all the time haha. Mimi has markings around her eyes, her hair is longer and she's a little fluffier. The left half of Tammy's face is black and her hair is shorter and shinier. Mimi has more of the innocent kitten look to her face and Tammy looks more grown up. So that's how I tell them apart.

20181111_181106.jpg

Here they are right now, in a bed that Mimi never cared for until Tammy showed up and started using it. Copy cat.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone
I'm new to the cat world. Last time I had an animal in my life I was about 10 and it was a fish. I always wanted a cat but was never allowed. I have my own place now so I got Mimi on Sept 21 at 6 weeks old.

View attachment 261601

I felt bad about leaving her home alone every day so a week ago I adopted Tammy at 12 weeks old.
View attachment 261602

Mimi was not impressed at first. Every time I'd try to introduce them Mimi would pounce on Tammy and sink her teeth in and not let go. And she'd growl and hiss a lot.

View attachment 261606

But I went through the process of gradually introducing them and as of yesterday they're best pals.

View attachment 261603

View attachment 261604

View attachment 261605

I've been doing a lot of research on raising kittens and this website has been a great resource so far. I look forward to being part of the community here :)
It's so good to see you, even though you almost killed me with cute kitten pictures! (;) Just teasing, but they sure are adorable!)
Be prepared to spend the next many years of your life hopelessly in love and probably obsessed with their well being, happiness, health, and enrichment. I think you're on the right track.:thumbsup:
This community is full of some of the best people I've found on the internet. I hope you'll stick around and keep us updated on how they grow!
:welcomesign::welcomesign::welcomesign::welcomesign:
:petcat:

Callaloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's so good to see you, even though you almost killed me with cute kitten pictures! (;) Just teasing, but they sure are adorable!)
Be prepared to spend the next many years of your life hopelessly in love and probably obsessed with their well being, happiness, health, and enrichment. I think you're on the right track.:thumbsup:
This community is full of some of the best people I've found on the internet. I hope you'll stick around and keep us updated on how they grow!
:welcomesign::welcomesign::welcomesign::welcomesign:
:petcat:
Haha I was obsessed from the moment I met Mimi. Petsmart pretty much knows me by name at this point. I can't pass any pet store or department store that has a pet section without stopping to look at (read: buy) toys and stuff. It's a problem lol.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha I was obsessed from the moment I met Mimi. Petsmart pretty much knows me by name at this point. I can't pass any pet store or department store that has a pet section without stopping to look at (read: buy) toys and stuff. It's a problem lol.
We have a holistic vet we swear by, and they're our go to person when a pet is sore, not acting right, but doesn't need "immediate" medical intervention.
When you call up, say "I need to make an appointment" and they pause and say "...is this (your name)?" you know you're official!
Our SN clinic pretty much has us on their caller ID. When you just call up and say "what are the hours for dropping off ferals for SN's, and vaccines" and there's this weird pause, then say "...is this (your name)?", you're "in."
Welcome to the club, my friend. :thumbsup:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH MY! Those kittens are too stinkin' cute for words!

I can't pass any pet store or department store that has a pet section without stopping to look at (read: buy) toys and stuff. It's a problem lol.
I assume you have discovered Chewy.com already? It blows my budget on a regular basis!

Callaloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OH MY! Those kittens are too stinkin' cute for words!

I assume you have discovered Chewy.com already? It blows my budget on a regular basis!
Yes but I live in Canada and they only ship within the States. It hurts my heart to see those prices and know that I can't access them lol. I've even considered having stuff shipped to a po box in Niagara Falls and driving down to pick it up because even after the gas money and the exchange rate some of the prices are worth it.

NekosMom17

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone

View attachment 261601

View attachment 261602

View attachment 261606

View attachment 261603

View attachment 261604

View attachment 261605

They match!! Super cute