My Favorite Feral Is Missing

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's the little fellow that's my avatar. I haven't seen him for four days, and the other person who feeds them keeps checking, and hasn't seen him. I've been feeding Loki since December first, and only once did I not see him, until now. Even if I go there at an odd time, he takes a couple of minutes to come out, but he does come out to eat. He usually is waiting for my car to come into the parking lot. I'm so worried about him. :bawling2:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you are! :alright:They have a way of scaring us. How many times have I come in crying because one was missing?!!!??? Sometimes they were there the next time I looked. I know it is out of character for this kitty but you have to know that they just do that sometimes. Maybe Loki was chasing a lovely mouse with a silken fur coat and won’t give up the pursuit until that mouse is caught. Maybe just made a friend and went for an adventure. I never do figure out where they go on these mysterious trips. Perhaps they belong to a secret kitty society that humans can’t be told about but the chances are that Loki will come back. I know that one in a million chance is worrying you sick but it is just something that all cats do to us at least once, If not more. They get curious and wander. They like food but can easily skip what we give them for what they catch so an adventure with caught food happens. It’s just very rare for them to forget us. I think my missing cats may have even been laying in a hiding place watching me and saying,” I bet she’ll pet me even more when I come out. Might even give me a special treat?” And laughing! Try not to worry. Give Loki time. I will be sending all the “come back Loki “vibes I can find! Please let me know when Loki shows up. Positive thoughts!:vibes::heartshape:

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my one feral went roaming and was gone for more than three days, I would go looking for him, walking and driving around, and showing his pictures to people outside of my block who didn't know him. He would always return on his own, no matter how cold or icy the weather. You might want to show his picture around, maybe someone has seen him, I've always found most people are helpful when it comes to a missing pet. Meanwhile, keep a bowl of dry food out for him 24/7 because when he returns he'll be hungry. Prayers that he finds his way home soon.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he neutered? If not he may be off trying to find a lady friend. My old feral disappears regularly for a week at a time. Consider neutering as soon as possible, the quality of life is greatly improved. My old feral that I never neutered is so battle scarred, is blind in one eye, ears almost torn off, has had more abscesses then I can count, and is constantly in fights. The feral toms ignore the neutered boys. If he is neutered, there may be some wild creature, or a feral tom that is hanging around and scaring him off. Or he may be off for an adventure for a while. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers and ask for his safe return! Please keep us posted!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Is he the really friendly one that will let you pet him? Maybe someone else was feeding the cats, as well as you and their main caretaker, and decided to take him home?

Why not put up a poster near the spot you usually feed them and ask if anyone has seen him. Fingers crossed some one decided to give him a nice home.

:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Just found out that Loki is a female! My feral friend say that he thought Loki was a male, too, but vet records show that she's a she. Not that it matters! Isn't Loki the trickster in Norse mythology? LOL So, when I go there tonight, I now have to start my stern lecture with, "Well, young LADY! Where have you been? Do you now how worried we were?" :D