My experience so far with pu surgery.

Funnymushroom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats beans will be 3 in may. He blocked early December of 2020 3 times in one week. We were refered to a clinic that can perform a pu surgery on my cat due to the repetitive blocks. He had his surgery on the 12 of December and was released to us on the 16th of December. We cared for him until his 9th post OP day where we woke up to find my cat bleeding from his wound. We drove the hours back to the surgeon and had him restored after magically removing all of his stitches in his kennel and a E-collar. This complication is devastating as the surgeon could not relocate his urethra for resuturing and has a good chance of complicating. He was held for 4 days at the vet after his resuture until we got him. The very next day he gets home (29th) we found slight urine mixed blood and yellow pus from his wound. I'm hoping this is an infection and will pass with the antibiotics. I called the vet and they said to hospitalize him bit my cat has spent almost 3 complete weeks at the vet as well as surgery and medical costs. To be most frank beans's quality of life has diminished so severely with being put under almost a total of 10 times since the start of September and weeks apart from home, and losing a quarter of his body weight. O hope this funk he is producing will pass anand heal properly with time.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry that your cat and you are going through this. It is a big surgery with a slow and sometimes rocky recovery. I hope your cat gets through these issues soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Funnymushroom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately my cat after recovering from his surgery will most likely be put down tomorrow due to what we assume is restricture of his urethra from his PU surgery. Hes in a lot of pain tonight and is unable to pee, and due to the sheer number of times he was put under for his surgery as well as the surgery costs we are still swimming in months later it would be cruel not to consider putting him to sleep.