My Cats

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. I am pretty new here and have been loving all of the things I have read on this site so far. I grew up with cats and have only spent a year without any cats in the house. I have two cats now. One is a three-year-old we adopted from a local shelter in March who is orange, vocal, and has chronically runny eyes. His name is Carrot. He was returned to the shelter twice before we got him and now we're giving him his real forever home. My fiance and I just got our second cat. Her name is Angua. She is a black polydactyl kitten who is currently twelve weeks old. We adopted her last week from a shelter in Seattle that usually focuses only on dog adoptions. She is very playful, loves to cuddle, and is sitting on my chest as I write this.  She has been learning from Carrot and is becoming quite a vocal kitten as well. We wanted to adopt a black kitten since we know that black cats often get overlooked in shelters. They are both indoor cats, but Carrot is harness trained and will go for walks in the yard. I'm glad to be here and excited to learn what I can from everyone on this site.

This is Angua, her first day here.

This is Carrot with his favorite kind of toy.

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome.  It's always nice to meet another crazy person who walks their cat.  I get funny looks, even in CA!

denverwriter22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site!  I, myself, am new, too.  Your kitties are so adorable, and I'm so glad that you're giving them a great forever home. 

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, and thank for showing us pix of such beautiful cats. Black kittens...ahhh...my favorite kittens! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Welcome.  It's always nice to meet another crazy person who walks their cat.  I get funny looks, even in CA!
I luckily don't get any weird looks since I live in the middle of the forest and my cat is to paranoid to go too far from the porch. I'm hoping to train the kitten to go outside too, but she needs to get a bit bigger to fit a harness. 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Angua? As in from Uberwald? Oh, yeah, and Carrot. Always nice to see a new Sir Terry fan on here.

Last edited:

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are so wonderful to adopt these kitties! 
 And yay! Cat walkers unite! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fiance and I love Terry Pratchett books. We got Carrot the week before Terry Pratchett died so it ended up being really fitting that we named him after a character in a Pratchett book.

My pets have always been named after books. When I was growing up, we had dogs named Nimbus and Veela. (more subtle references to Harry Potter). We also have a malamute named Luna now (a really fitting name since this dog is so much like Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter).

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get all the references to the HP books. I have all the Sir Terry books, even the Bromilead (sp?) and the Johnny books and the Science of Discworld books. I also have all the HP books, including one that was delivered a day too early (#5).

Millenium hand and shrimp!! I am a 61-year old nerd.