My cats don't drink from water bowls

zemiq1982

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A while back I had a leaky faucet, and ever since then, my cats prefer to drink from a dripping faucet rather than a bowl. Russel would always get up and run away when I'd catch him drinking in the tub, but he's got a different way of doing it than Angus.

Here's Angus getting a drink:
Here's Russel getting a drink:
The video of Russel is a little long (about a minute), but it was always hard for me to sneak in and record his way of drinking water so I recorded as long as he'd let me.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's very cute and funny. My Raven prefers to drink from the tap as well. He even does the 'let the water fall onto his paw and lick it off his paw' thing.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Russel and Angus are adorable! I think cats and most animals are hardwired to think running water means "clean water"

And Yes, Russel's drinking is a tad bit odd
Really beautiful cat

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful though, my roommate's girlfriend had a horribly leaky shower faucet in her old apartment. Her cat would drink from there at his leisure, and now he is very annoying and needy with the constant begging to have the faucet turned on. I have seen him avoid drinking water from a bowl for 24 hours, but he's always in the tub within 5 seconds of her turning on the water. Oh, and most times he refuses to drink from the faucet unless someone is in the bathroom with him, so leaving the faucet on all the time is moot.