My Cats Acting Scared All Of A Sudden?

xkitcatsx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello.. I am new here, this is my first post..
I have two cats named Bella(female) and Houdini(male)...both 4 years old, brother and sister...Houdini is normally neutral near sounds like closing a curtain, but Bella always runs away. Today i was with Houdini, I sneezed and I felt Houdini jump. But it was on my shoulder and Houdini wasn't even near my shoulder? Maybe Bella randomly jumped on me when I wasn't even looking (I was watching TV)
Then I saw Houdini look scared? Like he all of a sudden became more sensitive to sound? He's been acting scared...meowing like something bad is, or is gonna happen...since that happened.. I don't know if I'm a bit too paranoid about this or not...

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you are probably overreacting. Cats hear, see and smell better than we do, so trying to figure out what they are reacting to on any particular day is not productive. They could smell a fox outside, or hear construction noises a block or two away, or any of dozens of other things. If there is a true lasting change in your cat reacting to things, it will take longer to figure it out than a single day.

Don't feel bad about asking the question though, we've all been concerned when our cats stare at a corner like there is a mouse or bug there -- we've all searched and found nothing. We've wondered what made our cat jump off our lap (often painfully) like there was a threat detected. Sometimes, all you can say is this: cats can be weird.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xkitcatsx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Alright, thank you!