my cat won’t stop jumping after being fixed

beatriceharlow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had my cat fixed last wednesday. For some reason she keeps trying to get into the closet of the bedroom we have her in. Yesterday i noticed she opened her incision slightly, i took her to the vet this morning and they gave her an antibiotic and put in some staples. I’m not sure what her infatuation is with this closet but it’s a sliding door and it’s very hard to keep her from getting in it, when she does she has to jump on things to get to where she wants to lay. I have the closet now blocked off better so she can’t open the door but i’m worried that she’s going to pop one of the staples. She already got in it as soon as i brought her home and it caused some bleeding which i cleaned her up from and put on some neosporin like the vet told me to. But i’m just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this or if there’s anything i can just give her to keep her still until her incision is healed

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
In my experience, cats want to be where they can't get to. Whenever I have closed doors, that's where my cats are, right outside them.. If I open the doors, then they soon lose interest :rolleyes2:

Not sure what your arrangement is in the closet, but perhaps you could put a box or something in there she could use to jump up on to get her to whatever she is so curious about. Either that or keep keeping the door closed. I don't know of anything you can do to stop her curiosity. She's probably bored since she's locked in your bedroom. Is there any reason after a week you don't want to let her out? Or is that where she always is?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beatriceharlow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s in there still since she opened her incision and we have other cats, it’s a sliding door so she kind of just prys her way in, but she wants in there to sleep on a bag. For now i put boxes behind it so it won’t open and we’re going to take everything out and just leave the doors open. it’s my daughters nursery that we haven’t set up yet (i’m 8 months pregnant) but i’m just nervous about her opening her incision really or it not closing properly

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Staples are pretty hard to pull out, actually. Just do the best you can, and keep an eye on the incision. Some pinkness or even slight bruising is normal, as is clear yellowish or pink-tinged fluid. There should not be angry-looking redness with streaking, or oozing of thick, yellow or green pus.