My cat has FIP developed a infection in her fur.

kathyl2388

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was giving her the shot of gs441524 I also was reaching out for help with the finance of veterinarian and meds. I have to resort to the pills which are more expensive. They are 30 pills for $300. Would you have any websites that might be i reasonable with a pricing reach the end of the rope cities been doing so good. On February 24 diagnosed with FIP. Was sent home to die. I got in touch with people on FB she's been getting shots an amazing how well they work the shots but she developed this skin infection has to take the pills is there any websites out there that I can refer to I tried getting help from go find me I only had $60 in there. Maybe someone out there can recommend a website that's more reasonable and their pricing or is there any help with financial

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not familiar with pills, but I know that there's a powder form of GS-441524, and it seems it can even be given in food?
The burning-like reaction on the skin is a well known side effect of the GS injections, and it is reversible.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kathyl2388

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Had the cat to the veterinarian four times this month she saw the wounds. She gave her a shot of antibiotics and also steroids. It helped for the first two weeks and she started scratching again. She's been given this shots. Veterinarian couldn't determine whether it was from the shots or not. Maybe the meds. Anyway she needs the meds or else she will not be around too much longer without them. She has lesions all over her body in areas where the shot was given

Attachments

Dewey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you brush her? Maybe the type of brush your using is pulling her fur and hurting her skin. What type of brush do you use?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If your cat is on treatments for FIP, have you posted to their site to ask for others who may have experienced anything similar? It may be something that passes after the treatments are complete, but you would serve you and your cat better to ask those who are familiar with using FIP treatments.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We used to get Daisy meds from a compounding pharmacy. They added a tuna flavor to it and even though you had to watch out for those front claws when it was given, she didn't seem to mind too much. I wonder if this is something that can be compounded and it might save you some money. It might be worth looking into some independent pharmacies your area.

If you are buying from the vet, they are probably a little more expensive. DH brought home eight allergy pills that he paid twelve dollars for. We sometimes gave these pills to the inmates at the prison where I worked and though they received very good medical care, I guarantee we weren't anything near that much.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if this is something that can be compounded and it might save you some money. It might be worth looking into some independent pharmacies your area.
Depending on the country where one lives, this med hasn't been authorized by drug authorities yet, so I doubt that any pharmacy can handle it.
In nearly all the countries of the world, you have to resort to the black market.