My cat wheezes and breaths like she has asthma

kef33890

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have no money yet to take her to the vet. She has done this since I got her 4 months ago. She also coughs sometimes! I will try to take her to the vet as soon as possible. But do you think it's something serious like she has asthma?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It could be environmental allergies too. Things like litter, cleaning products, dust, scented candles/oils, perfumes, pollen, mold, any kind of smoke, grass, plants - just to give you some examples.

Did you adopt her, and if so, where from? Perhaps you can contact them and ask about these symptoms she has and if they were going on before you got her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kef33890

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted her from a kill shelter. Don't remember the name.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you use deodorizers, sprays, fragranced carpet cleaners, or have plug in air fresheners in your home? Those could be contributing if you do.

kef33890

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No I do not, luckily.

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have no money yet to take her to the vet. She has done this since I got her 4 months ago. She also coughs sometimes! I will try to take her to the vet as soon as possible. But do you think it's something serious like she has asthma?
So sorry to hear this about your cat.
My cat has the same symptoms.
My cat it has been discovered has a very bad infection. She is going to be on antibiotics for weeks.
Also our cats illness is made worse by cat foods with fish etc. We are having to feed her on good cooked chicken (we cook)
Could you get help from a charity or pdsa?

kef33890

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I can get help from charity. What are some that help low income cat owners?

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like a great long list FeebysOwner :)

K kef33890
Im not suggesting you do this. However I bought MMS, Jim Humbles book and the things one needs. I de parasited myself (we all have parasites) and felt so much better afterwards. There is a animal section in the book, very complex though. I started the protercol for our cat. I started off very low, lower than the book suggests. Ive not carried it right through but her fur became much softer, so must of got rid of some parasites in our cat.
One has to make sure you do it correctly. And if one is to stop it, take three days off then start again ( do 4 times)
I kind of took Dr Lee Merrits protercol for parasites, start, stop, start etc method.

Last edited by a moderator:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I need to add a disclaimer/warning that MMS, the product developed by Jim Humble, is chloride dioxide and can cause serious side effects such as kidney failure. The FDA and EPA advise against its use.

Any alternative treatment should be carefully considered before it is used and cleared by your vet.

The previous post advises caution if this product is used.

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please note with respect Fiona Mason you are reading from those with an agenda, their agenda is to only use chemical pharmasuitical products and not those that cost peanuts that aid health.
There is chlorine in swimming pools and water. Please think outside the box. I understand Jim Humbles work has been around for thirty years or more.
His method cured my parasites and my cats. This was evident by her silky coat.
I did say Im not suggesting you use it. Its a very complex instruction manual.

My apologies FionasMom :) I misquoted your user ID name

I understand the chemicals that are used for conventunal dewormers and flees etc Im told by someone I know are nero toxins.
Not great, especially those with sensitivities.

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please note with respect Fiona Mason you are reading from those with an agenda, their agenda is to only use chemical pharmasuitical products and not those that cost peanuts that aid health.
There is chlorine in swimming pools and water. Please think outside the box. I understand Jim Humbles work has been around for thirty years or more.

Yeah, because it’s not as though the supplement/alternative/think outside the box medicine industry is in it for the money. /s “

“The global vitamins and supplements market is anticipated to grow from $129.60 billion in 2021 to $196.56 billion in 2028 at a CAGR of 6.13% in the forecast period“
Vitamins and Supplements Market Size & Industry Report [2028]

It’s funny, isn’t it, the pet meds industry is apparently smart enough to run a worldwide network where they keep cheap cures out of the hands of animal lovers, but not crafty enough to look into Jim Humbles work and figure out how to patent and sell it. Thousands of vet schools just looking the other way for decades while the guy who ran a health food store figures it all out.

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Totally agree Reba :)
I only recently discovered the pet medical conventunal world is same as human conventunal medicine.
(There is a place for some of it though, eg antibiotics)
Alternatives are run down by those pharmasuitically lead with invested interests by dismissing, brain washing and properganda. It works well for them :(

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think you completely missed my point, that being that what you advocating (alternatives) IMO is pseudo-science and a scam at best and causes needless suffering and death at its worst. And it’s at it’s worst a lot.

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Conventunal phamasuitcals are actually derived from natural things that pharma copy in chemical form, so it can then be patented.

Nothing natural can be patented therefore pharma cant make money off of anything natural until they change it.
Perhaps you could look into it rather than falling into the trap.
Which has worked well for them for years. A great business model that is being exposed.

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That a term they use pseudo-science to dismiss and shut down debate.
As I said a great business model. People like yourself are promoting for them when I suspect you have not actually looked into anything properly at all.
Most media is owned by pharmasuitical interests.
How clever.

creamragdoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently discovered Homeopathic vets in the uk must be trained conventunally first. Therefore they have the best of both.