My Cat Went Into Labor This Morning

Candace R White

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat went into labor this morning she had one kitten at 1:10 pm and it was not breathing or moving I tried rubbing it with a towel and put it back with mom she was licking it all over so I left her so i could tend to my kids i came back a little while later and she had eaten half of the kitten .. She hasn't had anymore since 1:10 pm should I be worried ?? This is her first litter she is a maine coon with very long hair ..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, mom will have the others when her body is ready. Delays in labor are common.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have any idea when she mated?

Are you keeping mom inside and away from intact males?

How old is she?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Candace R White

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She mated around easter time and she just turned 3 the beginning of June .. She is a inside cat

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you plan to spay her after this litter? I'm assuming she got out somehow.

Candace R White

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No I do not plan on it . I had a male come for a week while she was in heat .. It was a planned pregnancy . Still no more other then the one who was stillborn and she ate .

Candace R White

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. . Or why it matters if I am or I am not .
Yes I can feel lumps still in her tummy.. She has been wanting me to rub her belly alot and she never usually wants anyone to touch her belly

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should go back into labor when her body and the kittens are ready. Hopefully they will all be healthy! As long as she is not in distress she should be fine. It's just a matter of waiting now.