My cat vomitted twice yesterday 😭

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Is it normal for cat to vomit clear liquid that has a little yellow tint with it? She was hacking with her lower abdomen movement before she spit out those clear liquid.

I googled and I was given various types of answers that range from kidney issues, furball to gastric acid.

We fed her four times a day. Around 6am in the morning (wet food), 2.30pm in the afternoon (kibbles), dinner will usually be around 6pm or 8pm (wet food) and lastly will be midnight snacks as she will constantly meow at us for food when we're asleep, so that will be around 1am or 2am, depending on what time she's meowing.

She just got her first dose of vaccine last Saturday and deworm tablet last Saturday. Her blood test results on last Saturday, came back as everything's fine.

After she vomitted last night, I gave her a small portion of Wellness pate and she ate it all. Gave her Wellness pate this morning as well mixed with a kibbles and she ate it all. Poop normal. Pee normal. She's active as well.

Should I bring her to a vet or continue monitoring first?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep an eye on her. Write down when she vomits, is it always just liquid,how often does it happen. If she is eating fine,it could be hairball she's trying to get out. Do you brush her every day and give laxitone? If it continues,call your vet and he will ask questions like that. Is she senior? Then he might suggest blood work. As you read,there are many causes

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a reaction to the vaccine, worming, or a hairball. When the vomit is a yellow liquid, it means the stomach is empty. Feeding her the Wellness was the way to go. I don't think it's worth a trip to the vet unless it gets worse and more frequent.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Is it normal for cat to vomit clear liquid that has a little yellow tint with it? She was hacking with her lower abdomen movement before she spit out those clear liquid.

I googled and I was given various types of answers that range from kidney issues, furball to gastric acid.

We fed her four times a day. Around 6am in the morning (wet food), 2.30pm in the afternoon (kibbles), dinner will usually be around 6pm or 8pm (wet food) and lastly will be midnight snacks as she will constantly meow at us for food when we're asleep, so that will be around 1am or 2am, depending on what time she's meowing.

She just got her first dose of vaccine last Saturday and deworm tablet last Saturday. Her blood test results on last Saturday, came back as everything's fine.

After she vomitted last night, I gave her a small portion of Wellness pate and she ate it all. Gave her Wellness pate this morning as well mixed with a kibbles and she ate it all. Poop normal. Pee normal. She's active as well.

Should I bring her to a vet or continue monitoring first?
I also have started using a food timer for wet when I'm in bed. That has helped. At first my vet thought her throwing up was from acid reflux then it turned into tummy issues

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats also vomit every now and then, then eat a full bowl or play afterwards.

However, continuous vomiting could be a sign that your cat requires immediate vet care. Others here may be able to advice, but if there is repeated vomiting, blood in the vomit, lethargy or signs of distress then head off to the vet immediately.

Keep us updated. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats also vomit every now and then, then eat a full bowl or play afterwards.

However, continuous vomiting could be a sign that your cat requires immediate vet care. Others here may be able to advice, but if there is repeated vomiting, blood in the vomit, lethargy or signs of distress then head off to the vet immediately.

Keep us updated. :)
My cat was fine on Wednesday but she seems to not finish up her food yesterday. Today is Friday morning, I just woke up and my dad told me that my cat is not interested in food and she Vomitted clear liquid just now. Mom informed me that she's pooping as per usual (I'm usually not home for the whole day due to work) but her poop seems to be hard as rock today.

I think I should bring her to a vet.

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat was fine on Wednesday but she seems to not finish up her food yesterday. Today is Friday morning, I just woke up and my dad told me that my cat is not interested in food and she Vomitted clear liquid just now. Mom informed me that she's pooping as per usual (I'm usually not home for the whole day due to work) but her poop seems to be hard as rock today.

I think I should bring her to a vet.
Updates:

She vomitted yellow liquid that contains some short fur, which I believed is bile mixed with her own fur. Gave her a small pouch of Wellness pate again, she ate half a portion of it and walked off. Tried to get her to eat the other half by mixing her favourite purée treats and she ate a little and walked off again.

A stray cat came over to the outside of my house and I opened a can of wet food for him, gave him half a portion as he usually couldn't finish it, and my cat was excited to see him. She was suddenly active again and wanted to eat the other half of the portion that wasn't given to the stray cat hence I let her have it and she finished most of it.

I texted the vet clinic and they're fully booked up for this weekend therefore they asked the vet for advise and the vet told me to monitor my cat for the next few days and if she's constantly not eating, let them know again and they'll try to slot me in for an urgent appointment.

Kinda of worried of what's going on with my cat.

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It could be a reaction to the vaccine, worming, or a hairball. When the vomit is a yellow liquid, it means the stomach is empty. Feeding her the Wellness was the way to go. I don't think it's worth a trip to the vet unless it gets worse and more frequent.
She was vaccinated on 13th November and her vomitting only started on 16th November. Maybe there's a delay in side effects? Not too sure 😅 she was behaving actively rather than restless like most cats are after vaccination.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When my cat has inflammation she vomits clear liquid and loses her appetite. Then acts normal the next day. I am curious what your vet will say since her blood work came out OK. It could be the stray cat that is causing her to decrease her appetite. My cat will not eat if my other cat is in the same room.

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Keep an eye on her. Write down when she vomits, is it always just liquid,how often does it happen. If she is eating fine,it could be hairball she's trying to get out. Do you brush her every day and give laxitone? If it continues,call your vet and he will ask questions like that. Is she senior? Then he might suggest blood work. As you read,there are many causes
Hi! She's not a senior. She's only 7 month old. I'm still awaiting for her brush to arrive hence I haven't started brushing her. And nope, I don't give her laxitone but I do gave her probiotics everyday.

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my cat has inflammation she vomits clear liquid and loses her appetite. Then acts normal the next day. I am curious what your vet will say since her blood work came out OK. It could be the stray cat that is causing her to decrease her appetite. My cat will not eat if my other cat is in the same room.
I'm curious as what's causing it too since she just got her full blood test last Saturday and all is clear. But she does have some really bad gum inflammation. Vet was wondering what's the cause of it as her gum is really gum, three of her canine teeth was chipped off (when we adopted her, her teeth was already chipped), but she was tested negative for FIV/FELV. Vet gave us anti-inflammatory medication to be given to her daily for four days, and she will see her next month for dose 2 vaccine and check on her gum again. And if needed, she might test her for FIV/FELV again to make sure that she's really negative. Her last day of that anti-inflammatory medication was this Tuesday, which was the day she vomitted at night.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! She's not a senior. She's only 7 month old. I'm still awaiting for her brush to arrive hence I haven't started brushing her. And nope, I don't give her laxitone but I do gave her probiotics everyday.
Laxitone will help break up the fur when she digests it. I also give her Churu tubes by Inaba 90% water. She also gets a probiotic

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Laxitone will help break up the fur when she digests it. I also give her Churu tubes by Inaba 90% water. She also gets a probiotic
Will check out laxitone! Maybe it's the fur. I gave her Aixia Water Supplement thrice a week and also adds water to her wet food. Do you give probiotics for your cats daily?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Will check out laxitone! Maybe it's the fur. I gave her Aixia Water Supplement thrice a week and also adds water to her wet food. Do you give probiotics for your cats daily?
Yes I do my cats are 7,8,9 yrs old. Maggie is in the early stages of kidney disease. Peaches has a sensitive tummy. Coco has never thrown up a fur ball,hissed,or growled in 7 yrs. Major lap cat and loves to be brushed. She was a stray