My cat vomited after eating 2 temptations (tuna) treats....should I get rid of them?

three4rd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our cat very seldom vomits, but did about 15 minutes after eating 2 of these. I picked them up in the store this morning. She has never had them before. She did find (whatever) to eat on the kitchen floor - perhaps a small piece of salad vegetables - so maybe that did it, but then some quick research seems to reveal issues with these. Any thoughts?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say go with your gut. These treats doesn't seem to be working out and you're right to question them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

three4rd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
From what I'm reading, they appear to be the feline equivalent of human 'junk food'.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I'm reading, they appear to be the feline equivalent of human 'junk food'.
Extremely. I was just refraining from saying anything negative because some people will get offended.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If the cat vomited, I would not feed them. Temptations has been the object of a Facebook post, seemingly unproven, which alleged certain things about their toxicity. Snopes has also declared it unproven but they are considered to be sort of "junk" food.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Extremely. I was just refraining from saying anything negative because some people will get offended.
You're tactful! ;)

Honestly, T three4rd , consider yourself lucky that you only got this far with Temptations: cats absolutely love them and get addicted to them! Our previous cat did and it developed into a bad habit for her.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing that I think helps is giving your cat a signal before actually giving the treat. Or give at a specific time of day like give a treat in the morning when you wake up and one before bed. They learn that that treat time.

I personally have never had an issue with temptations or any other cat treat except the stuff from dollar stores.

True it is junk food but it's ok once in a while. Just because chocolate is bad for people doesn't mean we can't have a piece of chocolate cake every once in a while does it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

three4rd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks all. Let's go down a different path. What would some of you suggest is a more healthy brand of cat treats?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all. Let's go down a different path. What would some of you suggest is a more healthy brand of cat treats?
Pure Bites! Our cats love them. Chewy's American Journey treats are very similar -- also just freeze-dried chicken -- but for some reason, our cats don't like them as much.